2018 MCPHS - WORCESTER

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To those who started last year in P1 PharmD program, can you please share your experiences so far? Would you recommend attending this school if we have more than 1 acceptances? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone! I tried to look for MCPHS-Worcester forum this application cycle but I couldn't find one. So, here you are! Feel free to ask questions, post stats, and chat. Good luck to everyone! :luck:
I am currently applying to Worcester campus for this cycle, I graduated from the Boston campus with Health Science major. I have 3.3 with a ton of healthcare experience and about 250-300 hours of pharmacy experience (mainly shadowing pharmacist.) Have not taken the PCAT. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on if I have a good chance of getting accepted into the program? Any feedback is appreciated thank you!!! :)

the problem is not if you can get in or not, but the problem is if you can get through the program or not. If you have a choice of 4yrs school, do that instead.
If not, you will be stuck to have 6 finals in 5 days or 6 exams in 10 days. The amount of material you have to cram is unbelievable....study until your eyes went blurring b.c you have to go through 300pages of law in 1 night

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they generally accept everyone if all prereqs have been completed ?

I am currently applying to Worcester campus for this cycle, I graduated from the Boston campus with Health Science major. I have 3.3 with a ton of healthcare experience and about 250-300 hours of pharmacy experience (mainly shadowing pharmacist.) Have not taken the PCAT. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on if I have a good chance of getting accepted into the program? Any feedback is appreciated thank you!!! :)
Did you get accepted ?

the problem is not if you can get in or not, but the problem is if you can get through the program or not. If you have a choice of 4yrs school, do that instead.
If not, you will be stuck to have 6 finals in 5 days or 6 exams in 10 days. The amount of material you have to cram is unbelievable....study until your eyes went blurring b.c you have to go through 300pages of law in 1 night
Can you share some of the titles of the textbooks that are req’d for the first year so I can begin reading these materials? I haven’t got accepted yet but just wanna get a general idea of what sort of the materials that I’ll be required to read and memorize. Thanks! Oh and also, do you live on-campus? Would you recommend living on or off campas? Thanks!!

Can you share some of the titles of the textbooks that are req’d for the first year so I can begin reading these materials? I haven’t got accepted yet but just wanna get a general idea of what sort of the materials that I’ll be required to read and memorize. Thanks! Oh and also, do you live on-campus? Would you recommend living on or off campas? Thanks!!

I didn't really read any book, but if there is one you should read, it would be "Basic Immunology Edition: 5. Author: Abbas" for the Immunology class. And look over top 200 drug (brand & generic). I live off campus, it cheaper, but you need to find roommates.

I didn't really read any book, but if there is one you should read, it would be "Basic Immunology Edition: 5. Author: Abbas" for the Immunology class. And look over top 200 drug (brand & generic). I live off campus, it cheaper, but you need to find roommates.

Hey Minicloud! Thanks for the tip! I’m going for my interview next Friday. Extremely nervous~What year are you currently at? And was it a faculty that interviewed u or was it an admission councelor? Thanks for all your help and have a wonderful holiday!
By the way my nickname at home is minicloud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Minicloud! Thanks for the tip! I’m going for my interview next Friday. Extremely nervous~What year are you currently at? And was it a faculty that interviewed u or was it an admission councelor? Thanks for all your help and have a wonderful holiday!
By the way my nickname at home is minicloud

Is your interview in-person or online?
If you got an interview, you'll probably be ok. Unless you're super rude or unprofessional. Mostly like a faculty will interview you. Don't forget to ask questions

Is your interview in-person or online?
If you got an interview, you'll probably be ok. Unless you're super rude or unprofessional. Mostly like a faculty will interview you. Don't forget to ask questions

Yes I’m going in-person for an interview next Friday. What questions did they ask you during your interview other than why pharmacy or why MCPHS?

Yes I’m going in-person for an interview next Friday. What questions did they ask you during your interview other than why pharmacy or why MCPHS?

Hii! I have an interview next week (9/23) at MCPHS-Worcester. How was your interview? Any tips?