MCPHS-Worcester Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gat3way1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an invitation for an interview this morning. However, the email stated that MCPHS prefers phone/skype interview. This is very convenient for me as I do not have to book a flight/hotel for the interview since I am from out of state. But I have never heard of phone/skype interview being done before. Any feedback?

And what do you guys think of the pharmacy program at MCPHS? I've been doing some research and reading SDN forums and haven't read many good thing about this program. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I received an invitation for an interview this morning. However, the email stated that MCPHS prefers phone/skype interview. This is very convenient for me as I do not have to book a flight/hotel for the interview since I am from out of state. But I have never heard of phone/skype interview being done before. Any feedback?

And what do you guys think of the pharmacy program at MCPHS? I've been doing some research and reading SDN forums and haven't read many good thing about this program. :(
Same here! I will sign up for skype/phone interview. This is a very painful program as I have been known so far. But let's get in 1st, and see

Do you have any problems to register the interview? I could not open the link in their email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have any problems to register the interview? I could not open the link in their email.

Hello again lol. Are you opening the link from your phone? I tried doing it from my phone and it doesn't work from there.

Hello again lol. Are you opening the link from your phone? I tried doing it from my phone and it doesn't work from there.
I know... it's funny we both applied two same schools. I did try on my laptop with internet explosure but still not work. I might call them trrw at the airport ;)

I did recieve the same email to schedule for phone/skype/in person interview. I will go for the skype interview

When did you e-submit your pharmcas application?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just joined today. I received an interview invite and will be doing an in-person interview in Worcester on 11/02. Anyone else gonna be there? This is the school I really want to attend!

I got a interview invitation too but will do it over skype . lol its kind of weird but a little more relaxing in my opinion.

When did you guys submit your application? Does MCPHS take a couple of weeks to review it? I just submitted mine a week ago but I have not heard back. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you guys submit your application? Does MCPHS take a couple of weeks to review it? I just submitted mine a week ago but I have not heard back. Thanks!!

Sent on 07 October, then verified on 13 October. Quick turnaround for me at least

Had my interview last Wednesday and now I'm waiting for the next correspondence!

In the meantime, anyone out there get acceptances/rejections/waitlisted?

Had my interview last Wednesday and now I'm waiting for the next correspondence!

In the meantime, anyone out there get acceptances/rejections/waitlisted?
How was the interview? did you interview in person or over Skype?

How was the interview? did you interview in person or over Skype?

The interview went very well, I prepared well for it and I felt very comfortable engaging my faculty interviewer. It was in-person, which is what I wanted. There were two other people interviewing at the same time for the Pharm.D program, both were pharm techs, we all chatted and got to know each other before it all started.

Reactions: 1 user
The interview went very well, I prepared well for it and I felt very comfortable engaging my faculty interviewer. It was in-person, which is what I wanted. There were two other people interviewing at the same time for the Pharm.D program, both were pharm techs, we all chatted and got to know each other before it all started.
Do you know how long you will get notification about ur status? I had an interview on Nov, 01 but have not heard anything from them yet. My interview was on phone

Was it one faculty or two? I have mine over skype tomorrow and i dont know what to expect. Also what kind of questions did they ask? Sorry for all these questions super nervous

Do you know how long you will get notification about ur status? I had an interview on Nov, 01 but have not heard anything from them yet. My interview was on phone
Baboguy,
So the admissions counselor told us that it would be 1-2 weeks AFTER the interview as to when we should expect a decision to be mailed (not emailed, not called, mailed...which is like painful!). Also, she had told us the admissions committee meets only once every week to discuss the all the interviewed applicants from the following week, and so they prob decide in the meeting whether we get a thumbs up or thumbs down.

I explored this further: I called the Worcester office and I asked if an "admissions decision was made", rather than asking for the result of my application. As of 08 November (yesterday), the admissions committee DID meet to discuss the applicants from our interview week. Today would be the first day decision letters are sent out, Thursday and Friday being the next two postmark days.

So, it could be this week, or next week that we hear of something. Hang in there!

Baboguy,
So the admissions counselor told us that it would be 1-2 weeks AFTER the interview as to when we should expect a decision to be mailed (not emailed, not called, mailed...which is like painful!). Also, she had told us the admissions committee meets only once every week to discuss the all the interviewed applicants from the following week, and so they prob decide in the meeting whether we get a thumbs up or thumbs down.

I explored this further: I called the Worcester office and I asked if an "admissions decision was made", rather than asking for the result of my application. As of 08 November (yesterday), the admissions committee DID meet to discuss the applicants from our interview week. Today would be the first day decision letters are sent out, Thursday and Friday being the next two postmark days.

So, it could be this week, or next week that we hear of something. Hang in there!

Actually just finished my interview 30 mins ago and the guy told me its quick . You can get a answer by this Friday doesnt take awhile .

Actually just finished my interview 30 mins ago and the guy told me its quick . You can get a answer by this Friday doesnt take awhile .

Sorry I didn't get to your question early. I wish it was quicker than I had expected (I was expecting an answer by Monday). How did it go? Not bad right?

My interview was over skype bc I live in NY and I was not able to go in person for the time being . Anyway , I interviewed with one faculty and he asked me why pharmacy and why MCPHS and most of the other questions were based on my transcript and work experience. I made sure to ask him three questions about the school and thats about it . It was 30 min interview. He was very down to earth person which made me feel comfortable. He mostly spoke not me much . But after it was over he said that it shouldn't take long he said give or take this Friday which i thought was pretty quick but maybe next week you never know.

I had a skype interview! My questions were along the same line as pharmacystudent92, very laid back and conversational

My acceptance letter came in the mail today! I'm very humbled and honored to be part of next year's Fall 2017 entry group!

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't receive my letter yet. Did anyone else not receive it today?? Now I'm worried....

Hang in there, it'll get to you! They tell you 1-2 weeks after your interview to receive a notification. Mine took 12 days, and I live in MA.

Btw, the letter was put together in a folder, along with other papers, and packaged into a LARGE envelope and sent as "flat-mail"

Hang in there, it'll get to you! They tell you 1-2 weeks after your interview to receive a notification. Mine took 12 days, and I live in MA.

Btw, the letter was put together in a folder, along with other papers, and packaged into a LARGE envelope and sent as "flat-mail"
Congrats !!!!
I got an accepted letter along with a letter of scholarship offer. But I have made deposite at 4 years program pharmacy school. Well, this makes me to choose between 2.

Baboguy, pharmacystudent 92, congrats to both of you! Are you both thinking of attending?

I'm going to this school - deposit is in, the $$$ from the scholarship helps, I don't live far from the school, most of my family lives in MA, and I want to work in the state, so that all helped in my decision.

Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone else has received any sort of letter/email from MCPHS, I submitted my application on 10/23, my transcripts were received on 11/03 and my GPA was calculated on 11/15. I got an email from MCPHS that they received my application on 11/18. However, on 11/30 I received an email from the school saying my LOR's were missing but I contacted them and they said not to worry that they had everything. I just wanted to know if anyone else applied around the same time and if they have received a response yet or not?, and to the ones who did receive an invite to interview or their acceptances was it through email or a mailed letter?

Thank you! :)

I was invited to an interview via email.

Yes Dee2015

I submitted my app 10/24
Reviewed 11/3
Interview invitation 11/10

Yes Dee2015

I submitted my app 10/24
Reviewed 11/3
Interview invitation 11/10

Thank you for responding, if you don't mind me asking did you get accepted?, and how was the interview/what were the questions they asked you?

Has anyone gotten waitlisted yet? even before their interview?