MCPHS - Worcester Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YTAZ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone applied to the Worcester campus? I just submitted my application and now I am waiting for PharmCAS to receive my transcripts. I also contact the admissions they said they do not have a supplemental application.

If you applied, what are your stats? How long did it take for them to send you invitation for an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't go to this school. You are better of at a 4 year. The school is a for profit school. They let in more people then they can graduate just to fail them and make money.

Don't go to this school. You are better of at a 4 year. The school is a for profit school. They let in more people then they can graduate just to fail them and make money.

Are you a current student?

Members don't see this ad :)
did you receive any mail from the school?

did you receive any mail from the school?

Not yet. I am still anxiously waiting lol

When did you apply? Did you hear anything from them?

Not yet. I am still anxiously waiting lol

When did you apply? Did you hear anything from them?
My PharmCAS app was verified on Nov 18. MCP sent me an e-mail on Dec 1 saying my app is under review and decision will be sent out through mail.
When was your PharmCAS verified?

Is it highly competitive to gain admission into this school?

Don't listen to the negative comments. The program is very rigorous, it is tougher than most. And there are a handful of individuals that fail every year. Don't let that scare you. People who fail are typically the ones that don't come to class and think they can get by without putting in the work. Again, it is a tough program, you finish one year early, and they truly prepare you for the real world. They teach you what you have to know to succeed in the pharmacy. If you get stressed out easily, don't apply. Although the staff is awesome and they are very chill, you have about 25-30 tests a semester. At least 2 tests a week and it gets crazy! But its fun cause everyone is in it together, everyone lives in the same place, and you become best friends with your classmates.

Don't listen to the negative comments. The program is very rigorous, it is tougher than most. And there are a handful of individuals that fail every year. Don't let that scare you. People who fail are typically the ones that don't come to class and think they can get by without putting in the work. Again, it is a tough program, you finish one year early, and they truly prepare you for the real world. They teach you what you have to know to succeed in the pharmacy. If you get stressed out easily, don't apply. Although the staff is awesome and they are very chill, you have about 25-30 tests a semester. At least 2 tests a week and it gets crazy! But its fun cause everyone is in it together, everyone lives in the same place, and you become best friends with your classmates.

Are you currently in the program? Are the Salisbury housing worth the price/distance the queen sized bed and roomy space sounds appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey everyone! I got accepted to this school and received their $10,000 renewable scholarship, I am so excited!! :soexcited: I will be coming from Los Angeles, so hello snowy winters lol. Has anyone made a facebook page for this class?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! I got accepted to this school and received their $10,000 renewable scholarship, I am so excited!! :soexcited: I will be coming from Los Angeles, so hello snowy winters lol. Has anyone made a facebook page for this class?

I read somewhere, that someone from admissions makes an official group and sends the link out in an email closer to August! That's great to hear though see you in the fall!

Hey w sup, I'm from California, too lol
and Congrats for getting accepted

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from Sacramento. Did you decide to go to MCP?

Congrats on your acceptance.
How long did it take to heat back from the school after the interview?? I just had my interview todayzzzx

Hey I'm just wondering did anyone apply in January or February. I want to know what my chances are of getting in

I received an invite for an interview on 4/4 what are my chances?

Congrats on your acceptance.
How long did it take to heat back from the school after the interview?? I just had my interview todayzzzx
Yep, 2 weeks for me too. In my case, they gave pretty obvious signs that they were going to accept me

I received an invite for an interview on 4/4 what are my chances?
According to pharmcas, they accepted 500 out of 600 who applied last year. Their biggest concerns are your grades (at least from my experience). I'd say if you have 3.0, you will definitely get in. I don't think it's too difficult to get in here in all honesty

Well I have a 3.0 and 5 years of pharmacy experience with an amazing review from a pharmacist who is an alumni

Yep, 2 weeks for me too. In my case, they gave pretty obvious signs that they were going to accept me
What kind of hints did they give you? What was your interview like?

Almost 2 weeks for me

Thanks....but I actually applied and interviewed at Boston campus.

Does anyone here any ideas of what are chances to be accepted this time of the cycle??

What kind of hints did they give you? What was your interview like?
At the end of the interview, my faculty person literally told me "I'm giving you a thumbs up." And I would be willing to bet you'll be able to get in. As for the interview, it was a little unusual. I spent all my time with one faculty member, and all of his questions were regarding my grades and anything that stands out in your application, followed by a few points they want to emphasize (I think for me, it was 1) having a car 2) working, which they highly discourage 3) I forgot sorry... lol). Then that person gives you a tour of the place. I came on a day they had exams going so I didn't get to meet any students or really see the classrooms.

Hi everyone! I applied for this school too but kind of late. I got their email on march 16th saying my app is complete and is under review. Still waiting to get an interview invitation. For those who already got interviewed/accepted, how long did it take you to get the interview invitation?

If you guys have other options, and other schools you have been accepted to, then go to that school. You are seriously selling yourselves short by going to this scam school. By no means am I saying that you are going to fail. Lots of people attend this school and end up graduating. However, the whole process that people have to go through is just excruciating. For one, they make the program harder then it really is. They say its an accelerated program, yet per semester you are taking the same classes as a four year program. The only difference between this school and a four year program is the added summer session. So, if you are taking the same amount of credits per semester, just like any other four year school, then why do they give 2 to 3 exams per week? Four year programs will just give one exam a week or an exams towards the end of the month. MCPHS does this to mentally fatigue people and TRY TO FAIL as many people as they can. The school is a FOR PROFIT school, that try make as much money as they can. They are really corrupt.

IN FACT, just recently, 3 DEANS AND A PROFESSOR WERE JUST FIRED. THE MAIN DEAN, DEAN XU, was fired along with the rest for some shady business going on behind doors. If you don't believe me, call the school up and ask if they still work there.

I'm not here to make decisions for you guys, but just a messenger who has had best friends go to this school and completely regret their decision.

IF YOU FAIL OUT OF THIS SCHOOL, THERE IS NO WAY, ANOTHER SCHOOL WILL ACCEPT YOU. KEEP THAT IN MIND.

Hey, Im from Sacramento too :) How was your interview? what kind of questions did they ask. I just got the interview invitation couple days ago.
I'm from Sacramento. Did you decide to go to MCP?

That is so cool lol. They asked meWhy I want to study at MCP and come to Worcester to study, why and when you want to pursue pharmacy as a career? What is ur study habit like? Explain you bad grades. They left me plenty of time to ask questions. So i recommend you to write down like a list of questions you want to ask them.

That is so cool lol. They asked meWhy I want to study at MCP and come to Worcester to study, why and when you want to pursue pharmacy as a career? What is ur study habit like? Explain you bad grades. They left me plenty of time to ask questions. So i recommend you to write down like a list of questions you want to ask them.

Thank you for the help and advice!!! How long was your interview? and where did you stay?

It was only me at the interview. I had the writing test for 30 minutes first, then I waited for like 15-20 min. After that a professor gave me a tour around school for like 15-20 mins, then I had an interview with her in her office for like 30 minutes. So i would say it would properly take about 2 hours, very short. During the school tour, the professor began to ask me questions about why I chose Pharm to study already so be prepare. I stayed at the motel near the school, like 15 mins walking

It was only me at the interview. I had the writing test for 30 minutes first, then I waited for like 15-20 min. After that a professor gave me a tour around school for like 15-20 mins, then I had an interview with her in her office for like 30 minutes. So i would say it would properly take about 2 hours, very short. During the school tour, the professor began to ask me questions about why I chose Pharm to study already so be prepare. I stayed at the motel near the school, like 15 mins walking
how's the writing test? What's it about? I'm having my interview this Thursday.

They will give you a list of 8 questions or so, you can pick the one you want. I think i picked "what is your most challenging time?", something like that.

They will give you a list of 8 questions or so, you can pick the one you want. I think i picked "what is your most challenging time?", something like that.
Oh, that's good that you are given some choices. I thought it'd be based on pharmacy stuffs and ethical issues.

@yongli, they are all open ended questions so practice writing arguments, if you have the Kaplan review book just look over their tips and tricks for the essay portion or just google how to write essay portions of tests like LSAT, PCAT, SAT type essays. Keep it short, have your arguments flow smoothly, and make sure to state your arguments clearly yet succinct

I'm also from sacramento lol. Does anyone start to look for housing ?

I've looked into it. I live in the area though. It seems that living on campus is just expensive or impractical. I thought it would be a good idea to live as close to campus as possible, but the on campus options just don't appeal to me.

im looking at some options for off campus apartments and it is really expensive. It is like almost 1k for 1 bed and 1 bath. I'm planning to fly over there on June to explore the area and look for apartments near camps.

I'm also from sacramento lol. Does anyone start to look for housing ?
Thats so cool lol. the school is right in downtown so I guess thats why the price for renting is kinda pricey. I chose to live at Foster 25.

Thats so cool lol. the school is right in downtown so I guess thats why the price for renting is kinda pricey. I chose to live at Foster 25.

Foster is my last choice, looking for Salisbury even though it's a 10 minute walk, the idea of one roommate sounds great and the space sound big

im looking at some options for off campus apartments and it is really expensive. It is like almost 1k for 1 bed and 1 bath. I'm planning to fly over there on June to explore the area and look for apartments near camps.
I think once you get over the idea of living alone, the rents become more reasonable. 2 BRs are in the 1300 range. The problem is finding somebody to live with.

I think once you get over the idea of living alone, the rents become more reasonable. 2 BRs are in the 1300 range. The problem is finding somebody to live with.

I had a friend who was paying 300/month living with 4 other people! Rents cheap in Worcester as long as you're willing to room with 4

I got accepted in MCP , Worcester Campus. I'm going to attend Fall semester 2016. Does anyone know how good is the the on-campus housing?

I'm so excited!!:soexcited:

I got accepted in MCP , Worcester Campus. I'm going to attend Fall semester 2016. Does anyone know how good is the the on-campus housing?

I'm so excited!!:soexcited:

Email [email protected] for pictures/floor plans of housing. But have a specific housing to request for since she isn't able to send you all of them at once. I'm pretty sure the Boyserk housing is all filled up and I just signed a contract for a 50 Salisbury unit. See you in the fall!

Hello,

I'm an international student, and planning on attending MCPHS - Worcester starting this Fall. Any ideas where to get student loans for international students?

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

I'm an international student, and planning on attending MCPHS - Worcester starting this Fall. Any ideas where to get student loans for international students?

Thank you in advance!
I don't think they offer student loans for international student since the subsidized federal loan is only available for students with permanent resident status or citizen. You can make sure this by contacting the financial office.

I don't think they offer student loans for international student since the subsidized federal loan is only available for students with permanent resident status or citizen. You can make sure this by contacting the financial office.
I am not sure about the private loans, but international students will not be eligible for federal loans.

Email [email protected] for pictures/floor plans of housing. But have a specific housing to request for since she isn't able to send you all of them at once. I'm pretty sure the Boyserk housing is all filled up and I just signed a contract for a 50 Salisbury unit. See you in the fall!

I signed up for that too but the pictures she sent look nice, do you think it will look like the actual unit?