MCPHS optometry waitlist updates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optomgirl96

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was put on the waitlist for MCPHS optometry without an interview, and I still haven't heard back from them. I was just wondering if anyone has had any updates after being waitlisted with them. How long did you wait for them to get back to you?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you hear back from them?
I had a interview on May 5th, still waiting, OAT 300/290. GPA 3.92 Science GPA 3.98

Members don't see this ad :)
unfortunately I havent heard back from them yet. Did they say if they had seats left?

I had a interview on May 5th, still waiting, OAT 300/290. GPA 3.92 Science GPA 3.98
My OAT scores werent the greatest. I had a 280/290 mainly because my reading brought me down and i had a 3/

Were u waitlisted with them as well?

My OAT scores werent the greatest. I had a 280/290 mainly because my reading brought me down and i had a 3/

Were u waitlisted with them as well?
Hi,
I just got the email yesterday that read ". Congratulations"
I also got another acceptance letter from Inter American University,PR. Most probably I am going for MCPHS. Good luck to you and keep bugging them about your status.

I am so happy for you! Thank you and I wish u luck in optometry school as well!

Just wondering but where did you go for undergrad? I'm just so surprised you got waitlisted when your gpa was basically perfect...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Big disparity of GPA and OAT score will send up red flags, especially if a lot of the classes were taken at a community college.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much. Did they ever get back to you?
I emailed them and they said I'm an active applicant on their wait list however the class is full and if someone drops out they'll reach out to me. Idk if I should reapply this coming July or wait? Do U have some kind of suggestions for me?

I emailed them and they said I'm an active applicant on their wait list however the class is full and if someone drops out they'll reach out to me. Idk if I should reapply this coming July or wait? Do U have some kind of suggestions for me?
Im in the same boat but im just reapplying