This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

someone75

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Since you're not a medical student, you'll have to find a way to get your foot in the door as well as have attended one or more target schools, IMO. And even then, you wouldn't be considered for their 2 year MD fellowship. You'd be competing with a lot of PhDs and non-MBAs that most likely all have industry experience; McKinsey typically doesn't hire people with only bachelor's degrees.

Being a medical student doesn't make applicants competitive there in the first place, either. The ones that get the MD fellowship have business and/or healthcare experience, industry-specific knowledge, and went/go to target schools. Businesses don't want people without that telling them what to do.

You'll have better luck at other firms and shouldn't get hung up on McKinsey, IMO.

Last edited:
I'm just talking about an internship. And I'm attending dental school at an elite University. I'm just wondering if they've taken or would take dental students into their health intern (note: intern but not fellow) program or not.

Hmm, I just googled healthcare internship McKinsey and only saw medical school recruiting/the MD fellowship and non-healthcare specific internships for advanced professional degree (APD) students. Anyway, what/where was your biotech masters and what area do you want to provide consulting in?

Just curious...are/were you a consultant?

I won't disclose where my masters was but it was a top school. I'm interested in general consulting or wherever they find I fit best. Again, I want to *intern*. So this is as a sort of exploration of consulting.

I'm not and haven't ever been a consultant. Currently, I'm doing a masters and considering several different career paths. Now that I've learned and seen what I have by attending my ("target," see http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forum/b-school) university, I try to provide advice here when I can about consulting and other areas.

e.g. 35% of Stanford medical students don't even do a residency
http://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-of-tech-lures-new-doctors-away-from-medicine
... because they go into tech, consulting, business, etc.

Last edited: