MCCQE Part II as a PGY-1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MatyasKiraly

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a current PGY-1 in a US residency, but a canadian citizen. I want to keep all options open. I passed MCCQE part 1 without studying, and was hoping to do the same for part 2. Can I take it as an intern? The website is very confusing. I want all of this MCCQE stuff out of the way while I have the chance and my spring vacation lines up with when they would be offering it.

Members don't see this ad.

You have to prove that you did at least 12 months of residency training so the earliest you can do it is as a PGY-2

From the website
Application and eligibility | Medical Council of Canada | Le Conseil médical du Canada

"To be eligible for the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE) Part II:
1. You must have passed the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE) Part I.

2. your final medical degree diploma must be successfully source verified.*

3. you must have completed a minimum of 12 months of postgraduate clinical medical training (PGT) or osteopathic postgraduate training, or will be completing it by the following deadline:
On or before June 30 for the spring exam of the same calendar year
On or before December 31 for the fall exam of the same calendar year"

Last edited: