Mccee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPR22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im taking the MCCEE this sept, and Im starting to get a little worried. I really have no idea what's on the exam. I did the online SAFE exam, and those questions didnt seem too bad, but Im still very concerned especially with the new grading for the MCCEE, where essentially the bottom 1/3 fail. Im taking step 2 next month as well, so Im kinda hoping the 2 will overlap. Ive read a fair bit of the Toronto notes, as well as kaplan.
Does anyone have any advice or experience with the MCCEE. What kinds of questions, how does it compare with USMLE?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Just relax JRP22 and you will pass just like the rest.
take care
Masoodbm

If this helps relaxing...
1st, The exam is mainly pass/fail, u are not required to obtain a high mark.
2nd, I performed the exam may,2007 and passed without a bit of preparation or studying

Members don't see this ad :)
Im taking the MCCEE this sept, and Im starting to get a little worried. I really have no idea what's on the exam. I did the online SAFE exam, and those questions didnt seem too bad, but Im still very concerned especially with the new grading for the MCCEE, where essentially the bottom 1/3 fail. Im taking step 2 next month as well, so Im kinda hoping the 2 will overlap. Ive read a fair bit of the Toronto notes, as well as kaplan.
Does anyone have any advice or experience with the MCCEE. What kinds of questions, how does it compare with USMLE?
Thanks.

Good luck JPR22..
I have the same questions about the MCCEE..though I'm planning to write it next year. Hope you can share your experience about the exam since you are close to the big day. Cheers!!:thumbup:

thanks for those who have posted so far. ANyone else want have or know of MCCEE experiences? Im kinda curious about how it compares to the USMLE.

Since I just found out that I passed the MCCEE, I thought I'd revive my old thread. For those who are taking the exam in the future here's my comments.
Compared to the USMLE I thought the MCCEE was WAY harder. The questions focus on clinical presentation, and alot on management, .e.What is the most common presentation of glaucoma, or whats the first step in management. Also the MCCEE goes into much more depth (I had like 2-3 questions on management of footlong breech). The most diffucult thing, is that there's no huge Q-bank like USMLEWORLD. I really had no idea what to expect, and felt I got burned alot. I think the toronto notes is a good source, but you need to start reading it at least 6 months in advance to get through it all. Goodluck to all taking the next MCCEE.