MCAT MCAT Tip: What MCAT Score Do I Need?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MCAT Self Prep

Vendor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How important is getting a high MCAT score? The MCAT is the only consistent academic measure available to admissions committees. For this reason, the MCAT is more important than your GPA. It would be wise to making getting a top MCAT score a high priority. Many medical schools screen applications based on MCAT scores. You don’t want to get screened out of your top choice due to having a sub par MCAT score.

What score do I need to get on the MCAT? This is dependent on several factors: your GPA, what kind of school you want to go to, etc. The first chapter of our Crushing the MCAT Guidebook goes into setting your MCAT goal in an in-depth manner. Get instant access to it for a more in-depth explanation. One simple way to determine what MCAT goal to aim for is to use Student Doctor Network’s LizzyM Calculator. Using your GPA and a hypothetical MCAT score, it will tell you what schools would be within your range. Adjust your MCAT goal until the schools you want to go to are within your reach.

How can I make a study plan that will result in reaching my goal? After you make your MCAT goal, the next thing you will want to do is make your MCAT study plan. Our Free eCourse will walk you through how to make your MCAT study plan in a step-by-step, logical manner And our 99th percentile tutors will help you personalize your plan and will help you stay on track toward reaching your goal. Don’t wait to get started. Schedule your first tutoring session right away!

Members don't see this ad.