MCAT MCAT Tip: Hardest Part of the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MCAT Self Prep

Vendor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What’s the hardest part of the MCAT? One of the most difficult aspects, perhaps the most difficult aspect, of the MCAT is that it covers more material than any exam you have ever taken in your life. Think about it, some of the hardest college classes out there are organic chemistry, biochemistry, and physics. Take these classes, plus 6 or 7 more of the rigorous pre-med classes, put them together, and you have the MCAT.

I get A’s in all of my classes, so how can the MCAT be that hard? In order to get an A in a typical pre-med class, most students are able to take simple notes, review them once or twice, maybe do a few practice problems, and then do totally fine on the exam. But, if you took those same students and tested them on that material a week after their exam, how many of them would still remember everything? Likely not very many would. You see, it is one thing to be able to learn, memorize, and then regurgitate information, but the MCAT requires much more. It requires you to understand, memorize, and be able to apply every concept from all of your pre-med classes on a single exam!

How am I supposed to do that?!?! Well, there is no easy answer to this one, but the key is to have a good system of review. Taking notes and reviewing them will only get you so far when it comes to taking the MCAT. You will need something a little more intense and organized than that. The MCAT Self Prep eCourse has an entire lesson that covers this topic in depth, giving you step-by-step instructions for keeping all the MCAT content not only straight in your brain, but also fresh. This way, you will feel totally confident on test day that you know what you need to know to get that top score. It is certainly a challenge, but with our strategies it is definitely possible. Get started today by completing your free registration.

Members don't see this ad.