MCAT Score/Prep Advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pushmckoy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Just wanted some insight on the basis of my scoring on my previous practice MCAT exams. I know these questions are rather redundant, but am seeking peoples advice since I'm sure others have similar inquires. I have recently taken 3 total practice exams so far, but don't know how to scale my progress.

For background knowledge I recently finished grad school program (SpecialMastersProgram) in Biomedical sciences, which was a year long program full of first year med school classes. For prep, I'm using primarily TBR for content review and going through a chapter per day and doing all 100 Q's at the end of the chapter. Then, referencing Khan Academy for info I'm not sure about. Also, reviewing Anki note cards every day. Feel like more than anything content isn't the issue its more so test taking strategies. I'm currently about 65-70% through my first round of content review.

Overall goal is 508+

Here are my scores so far after the first 4-5 weeks of studying:

494- Kaplan practice test #2 (PS 124, CARS 123, BS 124, Psych 123) Scared AF after seeing this. Took this 2 weeks into intial studying to see where I'm at. Disclaimer: This was especially traumatic since this is what I scored the first time I took the MCAT a couple years ago so it brought back horrible memories :bang:.

~2.5-3 weeks of intense studying later:
502- NS diagnostic (PS 126, CARS 123, BS 126, Psych 127)
505- NS FL#1 (PS 127, CARS 125, BS 127, Psych 126)

Since there is such a large gap between scores I'm trying to gauge my progress. My plan is to take test from various test companies but understand that clearly the scoring is very different. I know the AAMC Sample and Q pks are the holy grail of studying but want to wait at least until I take a few more practice exams and finish my content review before I use them. What do y'all think? I'm open to advice or recommendations for other practice test and study tips.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: