MCAT In A Month- Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

catsfan1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Advice Needed!! I am going to take my MCAT on September 2, 2017 and am looking for advice on my last month of studying. What(in your opinion) are the best high yield topics I should continue to work on/master while doing practice questions and FL's.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Memorize the P/S 100 page document and Kaplan quick sheet, continue with practice tests and passages reviewing topics you struggle with, and make sure you have taken full advantage of the AAMC materials. A month is plenty of time for improvement.

Reactions: 2 users
Memorize the P/S 100 page document and Kaplan quick sheet, continue with practice tests and passages reviewing topics you struggle with, and make sure you have taken full advantage of the AAMC materials. A month is plenty of time for improvement.
Is the P/S document on AAMC or where do you get that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Advice Needed!! I am going to take my MCAT on September 2, 2017 and am looking for advice on my last month of studying. What(in your opinion) are the best high yield topics I should continue to work on/master while doing practice questions and FL's.

Thanks!

Hey! Only commenting on here because I am in the same boat as you AND I'm taking the MCAT on September 2nd too!! I'm extremely nervous about it, mainly because I'm about to become a junior and I know that's a bit early to take it. I'm in a lot of extracurriculars/classes, and I know I won't be motivated enough/have enough time to study during the semester, so I decided to take it in September and get it over with. I'm just really worried that I'm at a disadvantage: I haven't taken Biochem (although I'm pretty solid with the info after going through the TPR material), Genetics, Physics 2, or Sociology. I just constantly feel like I'm at a disadvantage and I get stressed out so easily, so yeah, studying for this has been a real struggle for me. High yield topics wise, focus on Biochem and Genetics, and basically all of Bio 1. Physiology/Anatomy IS on the exam, but it's usually just stuck in with the other high yield topics. In terms of Chem/Phys---> I need someone to tell me what the high yield topics are too!! I'm good at Chem, but I hate Physics and am horrible at it. At this point, just do practice exams and make sure to review. I've taken 4 TPR practice exams and I'm done really horribly on them (haven't even broken 500 yet) because I'm SUPER bad at reviewing old exams because it takes so much time. Keep your head up!! We're in this together :)) Also, does anyone have any advice for Psych/Soc? There's just so much material and my highest on a practice test is only 125 :((( My Bio score has also not budged 124 for 4 practice tests. Any tips on improving? PSA: I know my scores are terrible :( I'm working on it pls don't judge

Hey! Only commenting on here because I am in the same boat as you AND I'm taking the MCAT on September 2nd too!! I'm extremely nervous about it, mainly because I'm about to become a junior and I know that's a bit early to take it. I'm in a lot of extracurriculars/classes, and I know I won't be motivated enough/have enough time to study during the semester, so I decided to take it in September and get it over with. I'm just really worried that I'm at a disadvantage: I haven't taken Biochem (although I'm pretty solid with the info after going through the TPR material), Genetics, Physics 2, or Sociology. I just constantly feel like I'm at a disadvantage and I get stressed out so easily, so yeah, studying for this has been a real struggle for me. High yield topics wise, focus on Biochem and Genetics, and basically all of Bio 1. Physiology/Anatomy IS on the exam, but it's usually just stuck in with the other high yield topics. In terms of Chem/Phys---> I need someone to tell me what the high yield topics are too!! I'm good at Chem, but I hate Physics and am horrible at it. At this point, just do practice exams and make sure to review. I've taken 4 TPR practice exams and I'm done really horribly on them (haven't even broken 500 yet) because I'm SUPER bad at reviewing old exams because it takes so much time. Keep your head up!! We're in this together :)) Also, does anyone have any advice for Psych/Soc? There's just so much material and my highest on a practice test is only 125 :((( My Bio score has also not budged 124 for 4 practice tests. Any tips on improving? PSA: I know my scores are terrible :( I'm working on it pls don't judge
This post reads like an angst teen.

Check out the mcat threads.
Study for psych and soc. Lot of definitions. Read through the material and know it. Mostly brute memorization of definitions and application to scenarios.
Bio focus on practice problems and learn from the corrections.
Physics is a crapshoot. Some get lots of kinetics, others get lots of electromagnetics.

If you have time to be freaking out on Internet forums, you have too much time.
Less self pity. More practice questions.

Thanks to everyone that replied. I am looking for advice on high yield resources for the Chem/Phys section. It was on average been my lowest on my full length tests. Iv try to review my tests after to help make my study plan for the next week but its apparent that what I am focusing on in that section has not produced the results I am after. Any advice or resources that you found the most helpful would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks to everyone that replied. I am looking for advice on high yield resources for the Chem/Phys section. It was on average been my lowest on my full length tests. Iv try to review my tests after to help make my study plan for the next week but its apparent that what I am focusing on in that section has not produced the results I am after. Any advice or resources that you found the most helpful would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Check out the SDN MCAT discussions or the r/MCAT subreddit. Both are super active and you'll get any MCAT help/advice you need there

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
This post reads like an angst teen.

Check out the mcat threads.
Study for psych and soc. Lot of definitions. Read through the material and know it. Mostly brute memorization of definitions and application to scenarios.
Bio focus on practice problems and learn from the corrections.
Physics is a crapshoot. Some get lots of kinetics, others get lots of electromagnetics.

If you have time to be freaking out on Internet forums, you have too much time.
Less self pity. More practice questions.
Boom got em