MCAT MCAT Flashcards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FlashcardsB.jpg

mark3.jpg
Over 200 of the most frequently tested concepts from General & Organic Chemistry, Physics and Biology

mark3.jpg
Strategies for Verbal Reasoning and the Writing Sample!

mark3.jpg
High quality poker sized cards in color!

mark3.jpg
Includes dozens of diagrams and illustrations.

mark3.jpg
Use them as flashcards or play games with your MCAT buddies!

mark3.jpg
Improve your study efficiency by reviewing top level information.​

Product Details
· Paperback:108 pages (54 flashcards)
· Publisher:Ruveneco Inc, 2010 Edition
· Language:English
· ISBN:978-0-9784638-2-3
· Product Dimensions:3.25 x 5 x 0.75 inches
· Shipping Weight:0.1 pounds.

Gold Standard MCAT will give away one deck of MCAT Flashcards to ten lucky members. Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Has The Gold Standard ever tried to incorporate Biology and Physics into these flashcards? Is the content from Biology/Physics so much that it would turn into a ridiculous amount of cards? Or is there a set of cards dedicated solely to Physics and Biology?

Thanks!

Has The Gold Standard ever tried to incorporate Biology and Physics into these flashcards? Is the content from Biology/Physics so much that it would turn into a ridiculous amount of cards? Or is there a set of cards dedicated solely to Physics and Biology?

Thanks!

The Gold Standard MCAT Flashcards incorporate Physics and Biology as well as General & Organic Chemistry. Over 200 learning points are incorporated into 54 cards containing the most frequently tested concepts from the new MCAT.

This sounds like such a neat idea! Sometimes, when you're just lying down on the couch or relaxing, it would be nice to have these for some review.

I was wondering, are there any tentative plans to incorporate these into an iphone/itouch application? That would really be helpful and not so messy for those pressed on time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting idea!

However, for now we are preparing an App to deliver videos and other helpful content from the MCAT Crash Course to your iphone.

I just want to echo the earlier poster's request for the flashcards as an iPhone app. Neat and portable. (Good one, rls303.)

These are updated annually? I see the copyright date is 2010.

I spend a lot of time travelling back and forth from school and I was looking for a good set of flashcards to use. These seem awesome!!

Are they sold seperately (like by subject) as well, or just the 1 deck of 52?

I agree with the iPhone app idea! That would be awesome but these flashcards are definitely next best thing. The deck of cards idea is also really smart.

Any possible price on that iphone/ipod app?

How on earth did you cram 200 points of material in a deck of cards without overcrowding all your cards?

Other than price and being easier to carry around, is there any benefit that the flashcards have over the book?

When will this app you mentioned be available?
Will it be available for phones utilizing the Android OS as well? Some of us on Verizon just can't switch to the iphone... ugh! lol

I spend a lot of time travelling back and forth from school and I was looking for a good set of flashcards to use. These seem awesome!!

Are they sold seperately (like by subject) as well, or just the 1 deck of 52?

I agree with the iPhone app idea! That would be awesome but these flashcards are definitely next best thing. The deck of cards idea is also really smart.

At present, the Flashcards are just sold as a set encompassing the 4 main subjects on the MCATs, but branching into decks where they're just concentrating on ONE subject such as Physics might be an interesting idea.

What do the rest of you think? Would you be interested in Flashcards that just concentrated one ONE SUBJECT - or do you think one that encompasses all 4 main subjects is the best thing for you?

As for the iPhone app idea, it's interesting because we are exploring creating some kind of app for the iPhone/iTouch - but we're still exploring what we should have available on it. Any ideas?

Any possible price on that iphone/ipod app?

At present, we're still exploring what kind of app ( or appS ) that we will have available, so we don't know as of yet. As we come out with them, we will let you know what's available and make it as cost-friendly as possible.

How on earth did you cram 200 points of material in a deck of cards without overcrowding all your cards?

On 4 3/4" by 3 1/4" cards - you'd be surprised at the amount of information that you can get on them. That being said, each card has 2-3 questions on one side and answers on the next. It doesn't look any more crowded than a Trivial Pursuit card.

Other than price and being easier to carry around, is there any benefit that the flashcards have over the book?

The benefit of the cards, is they can be used as a memory aid to solidify concepts that are on the MCAT exams. That being said, they work best in conjunction when used with the Gold Standard MCAT book or The Silver Bullet: Real MCATs Explained. They're not meant to replace the book, they're there to help you solidify concepts that you've already studied - hopefully in a fun way.

I like the idea of having the main concepts of all 4 subjects in one pack of notecards. For more in depth I think a book or dvd is a better medium.

At present, the Flashcards are just sold as a set encompassing the 4 main subjects on the MCATs, but branching into decks where they're just concentrating on ONE subject such as Physics might be an interesting idea.

What do the rest of you think? Would you be interested in Flashcards that just concentrated one ONE SUBJECT - or do you think one that encompasses all 4 main subjects is the best thing for you?

As for the iPhone app idea, it's interesting because we are exploring creating some kind of app for the iPhone/iTouch - but we're still exploring what we should have available on it. Any ideas?

Actually, I think the deck of 52 incompassing all four areas is good, because you get the range of information in one go. However, as you suggested for topics of physics and organic chemistry--where the material is a little more dense--I would benefit from having more information to travel around with.

How is the material presented? Is it just facts, questions, diagrams, etc.?

Yes!

Answers may include just the facts or, in addition, diagrams, graphs, tables or illustrations.

How much do the cards cost? Thanks.

Are these meant to be used just to supplement the Gold Standard books?

Flashcards are just for people who like to have an alternative way to encode/remember information. So it can serve as a supplement to any comprehensive textbook.

I am sure these flashcards are meant to be used as a supplement. What is the best strategy for using these?

Yes, they are a supplement: a different way to help you encode information, to study more efficiently.

That would be a great idea. For people that take the bus to school, or travel on school breaks, and when your just chilling it makes it so much easier to manage random study time!

Status
Not open for further replies.