MCAT MCAT Camp in Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett.jpg

Would you like to get personal attention from an MCAT Master and dynamic teacher? He wrote and edited several MCAT books, created practice MCAT CBTs and taught thousands of students over 15 years. Is there any prep course that can promise you that level of experience?

Now he takes a small group of students from coast to coast to spend 6 intense days and nights on campus this summer in Las Vegas. This year, the camp will be from Monday to Saturday, June 14-19, 2010. Dr. Brett Ferdinand personally interviews all students and teaches all classes.

Sample Daily Schedule

7:00 - 8:00 Breakfast
8:00 - 10:45 Lecture: Problem Based Learning Approach
10:45 - 11:00 Break
11:00 - 12:00 Interactive Problem Session
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch
1:00 - 2:45 Lecture
2:45 - 3:00 Break
3:00 - 4:30 Interactive Problem Session
4:30 - 5:00 Summary
5:00 - 6:30Supper
6:30 - 7:30 One on one sessions
7: 30- 10:30 Study time or CBT testing with support

Promotion for this week only for MCAT Camp in Las Vegas: All students that purchase the $2400 package will get $200 off and all students who purchase the $1200 package will get $50 off. This promotion is only valid from (Monday January 18, 2010 to Friday January 22nd, 2010 at midnight).

Gold Standard MCAT will give away one local tuition, value of $1200, at the MCAT Camp in Las Vegas to one lucky member. Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This looks like a great program and one of the least expensive MCAT camps around! (about half the price of many regular classroom courses)

I am wondering, though, how much do students typically improve? A week is a short time to review that much material. Do students typically retain most of it long enough to perform well on the MCAT or improve significantly between their first practice test (before or at the beginning of the camp) and their last one (at the end of or immediately after the camp)?

Anyway, looks like a great program! I would definitely be interested in it, depending upon the kinds of improvement you typically see!

Because the information is encoded in out multimedia approach, students usually have a high retention rate. In terms of results, our only study was to evaluate students who used our complete package. These students were followed for 3 years during which 2/3rds were admitted to medical school.

The $1200 option includes just the tuition to sit in on the live courses taught by Dr. Ferdinand in Los Vegas?

Members don't see this ad :)
The $1200 option includes just the tuition to sit in on the live courses taught by Dr. Ferdinand in Las Vegas?

Am I correct in assuming that the tuition does not include the cost of staying at a hotel? Where do most students stay and how much does it typically cost?

Hi guys .

I am italian but I would like to study medecin un UK or USA what shoul I do? Are there particular pre med course or camp that I could attend in order to improve my knowledges?
What are the steps to follow?
Deadlines?

Please help me!!!!!!!!

Hi guys .

I am italian but I would like to study medecin un UK or USA what shoul I do? Are there particular pre med course or camp that I could attend in order to improve my knowledges?
What are the steps to follow?
Deadlines?

Please help me!!!!!!!!

Kapisco l'inglese?

Status
Not open for further replies.