Mayo Clinic Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Endoxifen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I spent two summers at Mayo. During my stay, I was repeatedly told that 50% of incoming MD students get a full scholarship and the other 50% get a half-scholarship. However, I haven't been able to find any literature supporting this. Does anyone know if this is accurate? It may be something that's widely known by those on campus, but it could also just be hearsay. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard this many times as well. I can tell you it appears to be backed up by their absurdly low avg grad debt ($72,000). It's also mentioned in the Wiki page though it links to a financial aid webpage that is down now.

I've heard this many times as well. I can tell you it appears to be backed up by their absurdly low avg grad debt ($72,000). It's also mentioned in the Wiki page though it links to a financial aid webpage that is down now.
Do you think that their taking the page down is an indication that this is changing? I've heard that they had a pretty substantial restructuring of their admissions process. It's possible that decreased transparency is just a symptom of this change.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think that their taking the page down is an indication that this is changing? I've heard that they had a pretty substantial restructuring of their admissions process. It's possible that decreased transparency is just a symptom of this change.
If you were to interview here I'm sure they'd tell you about it in their financial aid session. Worth applying to at least!

If you were to interview here I'm sure they'd tell you about it in their financial aid session. Worth applying to at least!
Definitely! It's by far my top choice, though the 1.8% acceptance rate is not encouraging.

Definitely! It's by far my top choice, though the 1.8% acceptance rate is not encouraging.
Make sure you're a good fit with their culture.

Reactions: 1 user
boy you know how to pick 'em

at least there is an Arizona campus now too
There's no point in trying if you don't go all out!

Edit: "We must imagine Sisyphus happy"

Last edited:
Make sure you're a good fit with their culture.
From my time there, I can say yes with confidence. It's an amazing place and I've stayed close with the mentors I made during my summers.

From my time there, I can say yes with confidence. It's an amazing place and I've stayed close with the mentors I made during my summers.
Great. I wish you luck.