**MAY 18, 2017 MCAT**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alazo47

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!
First time poster, who's ready for this MCAT?!?! I'm NOT! Can anyone tell me how they think I should do? I know there are MANY factors, but just looking to see if I should cancel/void. SO far I started studying in January and used the sample/AAMC test 1 as baseline(Bad idea) and scored 499. I have used EK and NS for prep as well as QP's and SB. I have scored on NS 504, 506, 505, and 508. On AAMC FL2 I scored 506. On SB for nearly every section I was 66%. Do you think I can reach 508? Also, let me know how you guys are studying these final days(Thank god) I'm done doing questions and am memorizing last minute structures(C T A G) and formulas!
Good luck and thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
512 (127/128/127/130), smack in the middle of FL1 (515), FL2 (510). Happy with it. Canceled my retest. AAMC rips you off with these refunds though. only 155$????

i have never scored below a 126 on cars even on the worst practice test. I thought this cars section didnt give me any trouble but now i scored in the 48th percentile.
I think the curve was probably just really punishing. I had a similar result - my B/B was lower than any of my practice scores - even the one I took as a diagnostic before I'd done any review! I was also expecting higher P/S since that section seemed easy to me when I was taking it. I was super tired by the end though (no sleep the night before) so that's what I'm using as my excuse. Anyway, you could always call AAMC and ask about the rescore process and how long it takes, how often they find mistakes... If you get any info on that, I'd love to see it!

Also, congrats on your score!

Last edited:
512 (127/128/127/130), smack in the middle of FL1 (515), FL2 (510). Happy with it. Canceled my retest. AAMC rips you off with these refunds though. only 155$????
Congrats! I got a 512 too but mine was way less balanced. Same score as FL1 but five points down from FL2. I'm nervous about that Bio... Lower than my lowest practice score.

What was your re-take threshold?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
This is the reason the test "takes a month to score." People schedule a retest after they think they didn't do well on their first exam and by the time they get their first score back, they're no longer in the gold zone or whatever it's called to get a full refund. It's a great way for AAMC to make money.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! I got a 512 too but mine was way less balanced: 127/132/125(ouch)/128. Same score as FL1 but five points down from FL2. I'm nervous about that 125 Bio... Lower than my lowest practice score.

What was your re-take threshold?
125 is generally viewed as the cutoff so I would not retake!

This is the reason the test "takes a month to score." People schedule a retest after they think they didn't do well on their first exam and by the time they get their first score back, they're no longer in the gold zone or whatever it's called to get a full refund. It's a great way for AAMC to make money.

Literally exactly what I did

I averaged a 511 got a 507. Lowest on AAMC 126/125/128/128. Very disappointed but I am going to run with it

I averaged a 511 got a 507. Lowest on AAMC 126/125/128/128. Very disappointed but I am going to run with it
balanced, with lowest in CARS and highest in B/B. i sort of feel like once you check the "CARS at least 125?" box that extra CARS points don't add much. anyway, that's about as solid of a 507 as you could get. how are you feeling about the rest of your app?

Last edited:
balanced, with lowest in CARS and highest in B/B. i sort of feel like once you check the "CARS at least 125?" box that extra CARS points don't add much, but that's probably my own neurosis showing. anyway, that's about as solid of a 507 as you could get. how are you feeling about the rest of your app?
Applying to my state school. I have research in pharmacology with a possible publication, I'm a college athlete at a high level, and I have 400 shadowing hours across a wide variation, 300 volunteer hours mostly in relay for life with mostly Appalachian related endeavours. I am from Kentucky and with UK opening their new campuses, I feel like I have a good shot. I also feel confident with Louisville and Marshall since I am from Appalachia

Applying to my state school. I have research in pharmacology with a possible publication, I'm a college athlete at a high level, and I have 400 shadowing hours across a wide variation, 300 volunteer hours mostly in relay for life with mostly Appalachian related endeavours. I am from Kentucky and with UK opening their new campuses, I feel like I have a good shot. I also feel confident with Louisville and Marshall since I am from Appalachia
oh yeah, it sounds like you are in really good shape then (no pun intended) and your score is in line with your targets. you're good to go! looking forward to hearing how it turns out for you.

I scored a 508 (125/126/128/129) with psych/soc saving the day! honestly my goal was above a 504 so I was pretty stoked. Was taking physics I and orgo I while studying for mcat. My only truely feasible school is my state school due to family and financials. I already have 75k in loans from PA school 3 years out. Fingers crossed. Should I worry about it being unbalanced ?

I'm a little bit worried about no research, but I do have multiple leadership positions, have put together philantropies, 150+ hours volunteering, 510 and 3.65cGPA 3.64 sGPA...and I'm extremely personable/sociable! Let's see..