Matched, but have not heard from program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmie2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats on those who matched and good luck on those participating on second match!

I matched already, but I haven't heard from my program yet. I know they have until April 16 to notify us, but would it be inappropriate if I send them an email first to see if they need any documents from me? I'm just a bit paranoid since I haven't signed anything with them to confirm the position.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Would residency programs prefer that we wait to hear from them first? I am probably just over-worrying but wanted to see what other people think!

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I think at this point it wouldn't be inappropriate to contact them. My program sent me an e-mail on match day but for some reason it bounced and I never received it. They ended up calling to congratulate me and start the process to take the next steps.

Contact them? You're going to be with them a year. I think it's okay to reach out to them. If that bothers them, I can't imagine what your residency will be like.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hope you've heard from them by now, and I don't think it would be inappropriate to contact them. You have signed something though. Your rank list submissions requires an electronic signature. Results of the match are a legally binding contract between you and the program.

Did your program have unmatched spots? Maybe they were waiting to send everything to everyone at once. I think it is ok to contact them. You say you are excited you matched/are looking forward to working with them and if there is any paperwork you need to fill out.

Did your program have unmatched spots? Maybe they were waiting to send everything to everyone at once. I think it is ok to contact them. You say you are excited you matched/are looking forward to working with them and if there is any paperwork you need to fill out.

Thank you so much for everyone's suggestions and thoughts! Probably was overthinking this but rather be safe than sorry. Thanks!