Match Phase 2 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Worrywort20171105

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I had a question for anyone who is participating in phase 2. Have any of you interviewed yet? I applied to 20 programs, 10 denied me, and I haven't heard from the other 10. The rank list has to be submitted by 04/05. It's already Friday and I don't have a single interview. I feel pretty down, wondering to call it quits or not and just start looking for a job. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I've interviewed all week and my last interviews are today. Unfortunately, I would say if programs have not reached out to you by now then they probably have already invited other candidates for interviews. If I were you, I would definitely begin looking for jobs while waiting to hear from the remaining programs. Good luck!

I've interviewed all week and my last interviews are today. Unfortunately, I would say if programs have not reached out to you by now then they probably have already invited other candidates for interviews. If I were you, I would definitely begin looking for jobs while waiting to hear from the remaining programs. Good luck!

Oh ok, thank you! Do you recommend I participate in the scramble? It's crazy I interviewed at 6 programs in phase I and didn't match to any. Yet here I am in phase II and I've had no interviews. Feeling kind of discouraged :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I kind of have the opinion that all of us in phase II should also be looking for jobs elsewhere. I've had several interviews, but I don't think that's a guarantee.

Even in the interviews that seemed to go really well, I was/am up against 15+ candidates for a single slot. Interviewing candidates over the phone carries a lower opportunity cost. Programs are utilizing that fact.

I'm not giving up, but I'm not going to be shocked when I find out I didn't match on 4/12 :)

Reactions: 1 user
Oh ok, thank you! Do you recommend I participate in the scramble? It's crazy I interviewed at 6 programs in phase I and didn't match to any. Yet here I am in phase II and I've had no interviews. Feeling kind of discouraged :/

Scramble if you still have the hope and motivation, but realize competition in the scramble is worse than phase 2. in my honest and realistic opinion; start looking for a job now. Like PharmD1959 said, if programs haven't reached out yet, they are too busy interviewing other people. By the time scramble comes, participate if you deem it fit because i'm pretty sure that you won't have a job offer yet come april 13 so you will be able to participate in the scramble while simultaneously looking for a job.

I kind of have the opinion that all of us in phase II should also be looking for jobs elsewhere. I've had several interviews, but I don't think that's a guarantee.

Even in the interviews that seemed to go really well, I was/am up against 15+ candidates for a single slot. Interviewing candidates over the phone carries a lower opportunity cost. Programs are utilizing that fact.

I'm not giving up, but I'm not going to be shocked when I find out I didn't match on 4/12 :)

That's a good attitude to have. Hopefully you'll match. I'm definitely going to give scramble a shot. But yeah I'm the meantime I'm going to start applying for jobs

Reactions: 1 user