Marian University (MU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey do you guys think it is to late in the cycle to apply here?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Considering withdrawing from this school because of how the sexual assault allegations are being glossed over and handled by admin.

Withdrew my acceptance, hoping someone here gets it :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
As a current student, I must say that there have been several people who have felt uncomfortable with the way that Dr. Gebhardt conducts himself. However, just because people feel uncomfortable by him does not necessarily mean that the allegations against him are true.

Finished my SOC 101 class and they finally released grades two days ago. Do they want those grades sent directly or through AACOMAS? I just want them to get it ASAP since it's holiday season and January 1st is coming.

Does the admissions committee review the alternate list any time earlier than March?

Are my chances for an interview slim here or is there some hope? cGPA: 3.71 sGPA 3.6 (never retaken anything) MCAT 499, good ECs and LORS. Complete today

I submitted my app in November, but they had issues with my physician LOR. So, I finally had it uploaded yesterday on to the portal. Do you guys think the screening process would start now, or was I already midway-ish.

i know the answer to this but im wondering if it's different from Marian...i submitted my LORs through AACOMAS so they'll eventually show up in the application, correct?

I submitted my app in November, but they had issues with my physician LOR. So, I finally had it uploaded yesterday on to the portal. Do you guys think the screening process would start now, or was I already midway-ish.

I had the same problem, the screening process would start now. My application was delayed another month or so.

Are my chances for an interview slim here or is there some hope? cGPA: 3.71 sGPA 3.6 (never retaken anything) MCAT 499, good ECs and LORS. Complete today
I seem to recall the school had a pretty ambitious average MCAT score they were aiming for considering they're new. Think I read 502 or 503 at some point when I was there? I think you have a chance but it's getting later in the cycle now. Where are you from? I know they have in-state and midwest bias and being from Michigan probably helped me get accepted just a bit.

I seem to recall the school had a pretty ambitious average MCAT score they were aiming for considering they're new. Think I read 502 or 503 at some point when I was there? I think you have a chance but it's getting later in the cycle now. Where are you from? I know they have in-state and midwest bias and being from Michigan probably helped me get accepted just a bit.

I sent in my application in October, but they had issues with accepting an LOR of mine. I'm from NY

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent in my application in October, but they had issues with accepting an LOR of mine. I'm from NY

Same boat. An admissions person said it would take 3-4 weeks, so I guess that's not too bad.

I am really up in the air about going to this interview. I've read through this thread, but does anyone have any strong feelings one way or the other on the program? I'm a CA resident (so I'd need to fly to Indy) and I have a couple of acceptances already.

I am really up in the air about going to this interview. I've read through this thread, but does anyone have any strong feelings one way or the other on the program? I'm a CA resident (so I'd need to fly to Indy) and I have a couple of acceptances already.
Are you not content with the schools you were accepted into? If no, then go. If yes, then save the $$$

Just got accepted here
Really iffy about the whole omm professor thing
Can anyone tell me why I should consider this school

Just got accepted here
Really iffy about the whole omm professor thing
Can anyone tell me why I should consider this school

KCU>MUCOM. I wouldn't consider if I were you unless you have family in the area or other similar circumstances.

Reactions: 2 users
If anyone has questions about deciding on or attending Marian, feel free to PM me. I'm a current 2nd year and would be happy to help.

Interview just now. Of course traveling for another interview so don't know what day I can sign up for... seems like a couple of days in February are open and more in March.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Another post-secondary rejection.

For those who have not got a II yet would you guys recommend an email expressing continued interest to admission?

Rejected pre interview, at least they sent me a "we are still considering you" email a couple weeks ago. Best of luck to everyone else!

Rejected pre interview, at least they sent me a "we are still considering you" email a couple weeks ago. Best of luck to everyone else!

I got similar email today, do you think its just to sedate people?

Can those of you that are getting interview invites post your stats? Complete in December, haven't heard anything. I wonder what this school is looking for

Accepted in December Undergrad GPA 3.4 Graduated GPA 3.98 MCAT 503

Received the following email 10 days ago: "I am writing to let you know that your application is currently under review by a member of the committee. You will be notified via email when a final decision is made." Anyone receive the same email and receive an II?