Army Major promotion list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slevin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The past two to three years the promotion list to Major in the army has come out at the end of June or beginning of July. This year we are well into August and there is no promotion list. Does anyone know what the delay is?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm waiting too. I went to drill last weekend and scoured my email and HRC looking for a list since I hadn't heard anything yet

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm guessing the eclipse delayed it at least one more day

Got this email from HRC today. Looks like I can stop checking the HRC website

Good Afternoon,

We found out Friday that the results FY17 MC/DC MAJ Promotion board held on 27 February - 3 March of 2017 will not be released until the end of October.
We are waiting for senate confirmations but the Senate is on break and therefore the results will be delayed.

Please note if selected this will NOT affect the date you will pin on. Please do NOT email anyone in MC Branch and ask why. We only know. know what are sharing with you. Is this normal? No. Has it happened before?
Yes. Will it happen again? More than likely but hopefully not.

The upside to all of this is the longer you wait to find out the less time you have to wait to actually pin on the rank of Major and receive the increase in pay. :)

About MC officer Promotions and Pin on dates:

There is not a “Below the Zone (BZ)” for Major Promotion boards. MC officers are typically promoted at 6 years from their date of rank. (Officers selected below the zone are usually promoted on the last day of September of the year in which the promotion list is exhausted, while officers selected above the zone are usually promoted on 1 October of the year in which the promotion list begins). You will be able to verify your promotion date (during the month prior to your anticipated promotion). Your S-1/Military Personnel Division will be able to access your orders from the TOPMIS system.

If you have any questions, please do NOT hesitate to contact me.

Have a Great Week!!

Got this email from HRC today. Looks like I can stop checking the HRC website

Good Afternoon,

We found out Friday that the results FY17 MC/DC MAJ Promotion board held on 27 February - 3 March of 2017 will not be released until the end of October.
We are waiting for senate confirmations but the Senate is on break and therefore the results will be delayed.

Please note if selected this will NOT affect the date you will pin on. Please do NOT email anyone in MC Branch and ask why. We only know. know what are sharing with you. Is this normal? No. Has it happened before?
Yes. Will it happen again? More than likely but hopefully not.

The upside to all of this is the longer you wait to find out the less time you have to wait to actually pin on the rank of Major and receive the increase in pay. :)

About MC officer Promotions and Pin on dates:

There is not a “Below the Zone (BZ)” for Major Promotion boards. MC officers are typically promoted at 6 years from their date of rank. (Officers selected below the zone are usually promoted on the last day of September of the year in which the promotion list is exhausted, while officers selected above the zone are usually promoted on 1 October of the year in which the promotion list begins). You will be able to verify your promotion date (during the month prior to your anticipated promotion). Your S-1/Military Personnel Division will be able to access your orders from the TOPMIS system.

If you have any questions, please do NOT hesitate to contact me.

Have a Great Week!!

anyone know the status of the RC MAJ promotion board results from may?