Macbook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strudel19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would you sell a late 2011 13" MBP with a 128 SSD for $850 and pay $1150 for the new MBA? #firstworldproblems

Members don't see this ad.

I think you have xbox games and computers confused - let alone a macbook. A macbook pro depreciates at around 10-15% per year. I have multiple offers for 850. That's why I'm asking.

I am not sure about the exact specs you meant by MBP and MBA, but I would check the Amazon and see if they are quite reasonable.

Members don't see this ad :)
laptops immediately lose 30-45% of value on average as soon as they are purchased. good luck selling it at 850

Actually macs retain their value incredibly well. I've had mine for 4 years and it still works great. That's probably why. You get what you pay for.

Don't forget they have a $100 or $200 student discount depending on the computer you buy!

I mean this computer works fine, and it's portability is totally fine. But the air has even better portability, a 12 hour battery, and a one year warranty, plus knowing you're the original owner (I bought this used). For a couple hundred bucks I think it's at least not crazy.

I mean this computer works fine, and it's portability is totally fine. But the air has even better portability, a 12 hour battery, and a one year warranty, plus knowing you're the original owner (I bought this used). For a couple hundred bucks I think it's at least not crazy.

I've never been a fan of the airs. I have a fear that if I put it in my backpack it would get crushed lol

That's a good point. I've always just tossed this into it's case and carelessly put it in my bookbag without thinking twice and it's been fine.

That's a good point. I've always just tossed this into it's case and carelessly put it in my bookbag without thinking twice and it's been fine.

Airs seems so fragile. Pros have a good life and work well IMO. Plus have fun installing Microsoft word from a CD lol. Eventually they end up causing problems and needing accessories also

Airs seems so fragile. Pros have a good life and work well IMO. Plus have fun installing Microsoft word from a CD lol. Eventually they end up causing problems and needing accessories also

You'd run into the same problem with a retina MBP...in either case you'd just have to man up and get the external cd drive for 80 bucks or whatever (probably cheaper on amazon or ebay).

EDIT: There's external cd drive's on amazon in the 40 dollar range, not a huge deal if the portability of an air is high on your priority list.

Last edited:
I have a 2009 13" MBP that probably needs the mainboard replaced, I think...which is like $350. I'm wondering if I can sell it for anything...

I have a 2009 13" MBP that probably needs the mainboard replaced, I think...which is like $350. I'm wondering if I can sell it for anything...

I'm sure someone on eBay or Craigslist would give some money for it. Maybe like $150-$200

My friend ran over his air with his car (while it was inside of his backpack, granted), and it suffered zero damage - works perfectly to this day.

My friend ran over his air with his car (while it was inside of his backpack, granted), and it suffered zero damage - works perfectly to this day.

I find that hard to believe. A car weighs thousands of pounds. I can't see any computer surviving that. Maybe he ran over the edge of his backpack or something. I can't see a car running over a computer and not getting damaged.

This thread has been closed. This is a forum for information about the medical school application process, and issues that pertain to it. For social conversations, feel free to join in the discussion in the Class of XXXX threads, or in the lounge.

Status
Not open for further replies.