Lynchburg College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UteFan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have recently been accepted to Lynchburg but I haven't seen much written about their program. I'm wondering who else has been accepted? I wasn't able to attend the open house but am interested to hear from anyone who attended. What were your general impressions of the school/professors/facilities?

Members don't see this ad.

Seems like an OK program...its hard to say though, because they are not officially accredited. They are in the status of "pre-accreditation"...meaning its up to the APTA whether or not they make it accredited. I would call them and see when they expect to be accredited. If you go, and they do not get accredited, you will not be able to sit for an exam to become a licensed PT...so just a heads up!

Members don't see this ad :)
that is incorrect. they have an agreement with Shenandoah that would cover students were that to occur.

I've never heard of an agreement with another program...but I assume that you know a little more about the college. Either way, I would probably contact both Lynchburg and the APTA just to get confirmation of that...I would hate for anyone to be in that situation!

Anyone heard from Lynchburg? I received an email relaying that decisions would be made soon.

I got accepted to lynchburg back in October but denied it. Have you tried emailing them?

I assume they sent out the first round of acceptances earlier in the fall (perhaps Penguin was in the first group) and that since then they have sent out acceptances as spots have opened up. I received my phone call in mid-February. Prior to that call I hadn't heard anything at all since I submitted my application in November or so.

I talked with them through email and they said everyone should know by April 15.