Lynchburg College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

navybluedreams

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Anyone know any information about Lynchburg's program? Looked into old threads and couldn't find much of anything! Wondering if there are any current/past/prospective students that know any info from their current experience and/or open houses that they could share.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
Anyone know any information about Lynchburg's program? Looked into old threads and couldn't find much of anything! Wondering if there are any current/past/prospective students that know any info from their current experience and/or open houses that they could share.

Thanks!
Hi! I toured there very recently. I will apply there next cycle! What questions do you have?!

Hi! I toured there very recently. I will apply there next cycle! What questions do you have?!
Awesome, thanks!
Hmm well a basic question is what are some of the pros and cons you got from your tour?
And how was the faculty and facility?

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome, thanks!
Hmm well a basic question is what are some of the pros and cons you got from your tour?
And how was the faculty and facility?
Pros - The facility is like brand new and everything is state of the art. The class size is small so you get to know your professors well. They have a PT clinic in the school that you can work at during week nights! So you can practice on actual patients (I thought that part was really cool). Tuition is like $90,000 total.
Cons - Lynchburg is in the middle of no where. If you come from a large town be prepared for a culture shock. The program is fairly new and isn't known yet for being a "great" PT school - but I think they have the potential to get there.

Pros - The facility is like brand new and everything is state of the art. The class size is small so you get to know your professors well. They have a PT clinic in the school that you can work at during week nights! So you can practice on actual patients (I thought that part was really cool). Tuition is like $90,000 total.
Cons - Lynchburg is in the middle of no where. If you come from a large town be prepared for a culture shock. The program is fairly new and isn't known yet for being a "great" PT school - but I think they have the potential to get there.
Thanks for the info!
Just a few last questions:
Do you remember any details about the cadaver/student ratio? Is the school more research or clinical based? Some words from the current students?

Thanks for the info!
Do you remember any details about the cadaver/student ratio? Is the school more research or clinical based? Some words from the current students?
I'm not sure of the exact cadaver to student. There were about 15 cadavers if I had to guess (I saw the cadaver lab but not the actual cadavers to clarify haha) and they accept about 50 students each year so I would say like 3 people per cadaver? Not 100% sure though. The school is clinical reliant. A current student gave me a tour and she loves Lynchburg. Nothing but good things to say. She really like the outpatient clinic! She talked some about the research they do but I really can't remember what it was since I have toured other schools and it wasn't much! Does this help?!

Thanks for the info!
I know this is very delayed, but I was looking for something and saw this post so I figured I'd give you a little insight. I am a current first year at Lynchburg. We started 3 weeks ago, and I am in love with every aspect of the program. I come from a very large city and I was a little nervous about the move, but there is plenty to do here! It's honestly not as rural as people make it out to be, or maybe I'm just too busy to notice. As far as the program itself, id say it's more clinical-based in that they try and relate everything to clinical situations; however, the concepts and techniques they teach are very much based off of current research. The faculty is absolutely AMAZING. Never in my life have I been surrounded by such caring, intelligent, and truly helpful faculty. It's honestly one big family here. I know you wanted to know about the cadaver lab. I'm in anatomy right now and our cadaver lab is very new/state of the art. I can't say I've seen one like it on my other tours and interviews. We have 21 stations, but some stations are for the PA students. There are flat screen TVs on the walls which can be used to display good visuals from other cadavers. Right now we have 5-6 people per cadaver, which comes in handy when you're trying to get a lot done in one class period. Anyway, hope this helped!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user