Lung transplant fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vashisdead

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen a lung transplant thread in the Pulm/CCM forum. Is anyone interested in this fellowship? Is it worthwhile pursuing?

Members don't see this ad.

Must be awesome an thing to do if you like lung transplants and such. It's something that will limit you geographically but in awesome academic institutions( and nice cities too).
I honestly think it would be awesome, and if you love transplants it can be very fulfilling.

Don't expect to break bank( in a teaching institution) but you won't starve either. Money should not be a part of your decision, if you love it you will be happy and will make a + impact on some lives.
Lung transplants for the most part don't have the best prognosis besides young cf patients but still you give people a Chance.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Must be awesome an thing to do if you like lung transplants and such. It's something that will limit you geographically but in awesome academic institutions( and nice cities too).
I honestly think it would be awesome, and if you love transplants it can be very fulfilling.

Don't expect to break bank( in a teaching institution) but you won't starve either. Money should not be a part of your decision, if you love it you will be happy and will make a + impact on some lives.
Lung transplants for the most part don't have the best prognosis besides young cf patients but still you give people a Chance.

Thank you for the reply! I have quite a few interviews in programs that have transplant as part of their core curriculum. Although geography and money are not high on my priority list, I don't know how the job market will look in a few years. I did notice the lung transplant fellowship programs grow from a list I saw in 2014 to 2016, so maybe there's something there?

Thank you for the reply! I have quite a few interviews in programs that have transplant as part of their core curriculum. Although geography and money are not high on my priority list, I don't know how the job market will look in a few years. I did notice the lung transplant fellowship programs grow from a list I saw in 2014 to 2016, so maybe there's something there?

People are getting transplanted older and more frequently nowadays. Not many different outcomes but nothing to do about that.
There will always be a market for that, just not everywhere.
I'm glad you are interested and I hope you can get into it!