Low GPA decent DAT

ron987

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I attend a CUNY and am a business major (senior) and really want to become a dentist. I figured out a little later that I want to do dentistry and that's why I kept my business major. My first 2 years of college I went to QCC and had a 3.78 gpa but when I trasfered over, my GPA really went down. I dont have such a good GPA. 2.87 overall, and science GPA is 3.2. (BTW i didnt take any sciences in CC) I'm going to be applying for the class of 2018, so in 2017 I will apply. My DAT score is a 25AA. I have 3 years experience as a dental assistant, some research and volunteer work. Can anybody shed some light my way and give me some hope and tell me whether or not you have similar GPA, DAT scores and whether or not you got in, waitlisted or rejected, when you applied....Also if you can give me any advice that would be great. Thank you so much again.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi all,

So I attend a CUNY and am a business major (senior) and really want to become a dentist. I figured out a little later that I want to do dentistry and that's why I kept my business major. My first 2 years of college I went to QCC and had a 3.78 gpa but when I trasfered over, my GPA really went down. I dont have such a good GPA. 2.87 overall, and science GPA is 3.2. (BTW i didnt take any sciences in CC) I'm going to be applying for the class of 2018, so in 2017 I will apply. My DAT score is a 25AA. I have 3 years experience as a dental assistant, some research and volunteer work. Can anybody shed some light my way and give me some hope and tell me whether or not you have similar GPA, DAT scores and whether or not you got in, waitlisted or rejected, when you applied....Also if you can give me any advice that would be great. Thank you so much again.
I would ask the mods to move this to the predent forum.
With that said, your DAT is fantastic, congratulations. But you would need to take a few more classes to get that GPA up, and I would go ahead and apply and hope for the best.
Best of luck to you, I hope everything works out.