LORs for NYCPM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doublefault

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since its not really clear on their website
When they say 3 LORs does that mean from anybody?
Currently I have 1 non science prof, 1 Research Professor, 1 DPM
Is this enough?

Members don't see this ad.

That should be fine! I just did 2 prof and 1 DPM since that's what most the schools required.

Is this enough?
I have a friend/alum from undergrad that goes there and works with prospective students, so I'll email her and verify that for you. As from my understanding I believe 2 are usually professors/advisors and the other one can be DPM but I'll check!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not getting LOR's from any professors so hopefully the schools are okay with that. They're all just going to be from doctors

I'm not getting LOR's from any professors so hopefully the schools are okay with that. They're all just going to be from doctors
In general it's either:
1 letter from premed committee + 1 DPM
2 letters from professors + 1 DPM

In general it's either:
1 letter from premed committee + 1 DPM
2 letters from professors + 1 DPM

So I'll literally be outright rejected without one from a professor? I'm having one from a pod and one from another doctor (who isn't a pod) who knows me personally from EC's I've spent with him.

So I'll literally be outright rejected without one from a professor? I'm having one from a pod and one from another doctor (who isn't a pod) who knows me personally from EC's I've spent with him.
If you are a non-trad I would contact them and see if they can work with you, if you have been out of undergrad for a while, they may accept one from an employer. If you just do not have a letter from a professor, well then they will probably say tough.

Reactions: 1 user
Is this enough?

The 3 letters usually mean that two should be from science professors and one from a health professional such as a DPM. I do not think they are very strict about it, though, and you should be fine. One of my letters is from a bio prof, one from mph prof, and other from a DPM.