LOR hang up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

themainestream

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Looking for some advice here.. I intend to apply this cycle to several of D.O. schools. Due to date of my MCAT, I was not eligible for a committee letter from my school, so I have gathered letters of recommendation from a science prof., a non-science prof., and a D.O. I was supposed to have two science letters, as preferred by most schools, but the science prof. who agreed to write my second letter back in January has not responded to any of my recent emails. Do you think it would be okay to apply with the one science, non-science and D.O. letters? Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

It's completely dependent on each individual school. Go to your AACOMAS application, click on program materials, and read up on the criteria for each school you added. Some are flexible, and some are not. If it's not listed under there, call the schools you are concerned about; they will tell you.

If you find out that the specific school is not flexible, keep in mind that the AACOMAS can be submitted, verified, and sent out without all your letters on file. The AACOMAS will send each letter as they are received. With that being said, the D.O. cycle is fairly long; most schools go until March 2018 for this cycle. That's plenty of time to: 1. Try to contact that science professor again. 2. Find another science professor to write a letter for you.

Good luck.

Not PCOM you will need the two science letters

Reactions: 1 user