LoR advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Changling

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would appreciate opinions on letters of recommendation. I am 7 years out of training. I have 4 letters in the process of upload:
1. residency program director
2. colleague on ethics committee, with whom I've worked for 5 years
3. HPM physician, with whom I've worked for 6 months on an HPM hospital committee (he had no reservation writing the letter despite the short history, though).
4. colleague from my current specialty, with whom I've worked for 9 years

The PD letter is required...The ethics work and HPM are more clearly related to HPM, but they don't reflect my current clinical performance. Not sure which is more important in the eyes of a fellowship director. Some programs provide hints to this on the website, but not all. Thoughts? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Would appreciate opinions on letters of recommendation. I am 7 years out of training. I have 4 letters in the process of upload:
1. residency program director
2. colleague on ethics committee, with whom I've worked for 5 years
3. HPM physician, with whom I've worked for 6 months on an HPM hospital committee (he had no reservation writing the letter despite the short history, though).
4. colleague from my current specialty, with whom I've worked for 9 years

The PD letter is required...The ethics work and HPM are more clearly related to HPM, but they don't reflect my current clinical performance. Not sure which is more important in the eyes of a fellowship director. Some programs provide hints to this on the website, but not all. Thoughts? Thanks.

Id be more interested in the ethics letter

Reactions: 1 user