Looking for advice - preclinical remediations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

malter

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Throwaway account: kind of in an unsure situation, I had 2 remediations (1 in first year, biostats/ethics class, and another in 2nd year for one of the systemic blocks), however my step 1 and 2 were 250-255 and 265-270. Only honors and high pass clinical grades (honors in med and surgery). No AOA. State school. Have a decent amount of research, about 10 abstracts, posters, presentations, and publishments total. I've been in the OR since the beginning of medical school (mostly CT and neurosurg) and can get good letters from either. Don't have a home program in either field.

I kept reading on sdn very mixed info about the impact of remediation (especially 2), and wonder if I should take a research year, or simply apply as usual, or look straight to gen surg and then work towards ct fellowship (obviously wouldn't choose nsg then). Except for the preclinical issues, I'd have a solid app and no worries otherwise.

Members don't see this ad.