Looking at academic fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anonymouspharmd

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm potentially interested in completing a pharmacy academic fellowship and am wondering what resources I can use to research different programs. I know for a fact some programs exist that aren't on the ACCP web site or even on Google.

Any insight as to how I can look into different programs?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm potentially interested in completing a pharmacy academic fellowship and am wondering what resources I can use to research different programs. I know for a fact some programs exist that aren't on the ACCP web site or even on Google.

Are you in IPhO at your school? They usually have the resources. Some of the big fellowship schools are Rutgers and MCPHS University. You'd have to look into their website and whatnot if you want more info.

Are you in IPhO at your school? They usually have the resources. Some of the big fellowship schools are Rutgers and MCPHS University. You'd have to look into their website and whatnot if you want more info.

I could be mistaken, but I think the OP is more interested in true academic fellowships as opposed to industry fellowships.

If that's the case, unfortunately it will require a good amount of sleuthing for programs outside of the ACCP database. There are some academic fellowships to consider that are available to holders of any of a number of different doctorates (PhD, PharmD, MD, DDS, etc.) that can be found through professional society websites. That may be good to check out. It may also be worthwhile to look at websites for centers that are known for being leaders in that field. For example I think I've seen some oncology fellowships available to PharmD graduates (with residency experience, I believe,) on the MD Anderson website. Lastly I'd imagine word of mouth is a good way to hear about less well known programs. Talk to mentors to see if they know of programs that might fit your interests. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user

Are you interested in fellowships that will prepare you for a professor role? or just more research in a specific therapeutic area?