LMU c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone know if the office is open today and if they would be making any calls? They said before April 17 there was potential but I haven't heard of anyone getting an offer from the waitlist

They are closed today.

Members don't see this ad.

No one else thinks it's weird they haven't started calling people off the wait list?

No one else thinks it's weird they haven't started calling people off the wait list?

I wondering if they are waiting until the deadline, then will have a committee meeting to have a list of names to fill slots (assuming that they fill slots with "like candidates") Then I would think daily (depending on acceptance of slots) more acceptances would go out. Just a theory.... of course based on no facts.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wondering if they are waiting until the deadline, then will have a committee meeting to have a list of names to fill slots (assuming that they fill slots with "like candidates") Then I would think daily (depending on acceptance of slots) more acceptances would go out. Just a theory.... of course based on no facts.

That's a good theory, in the past they've started prior to the deadline and they mentioned that in the last email so it just struck me as odd.

That's a good theory, in the past they've started prior to the deadline and they mentioned that in the last email so it just struck me as odd.
To be fair, it also struck me as odd in the way they accepted people so it wouldn't surprise me if they do something odd for the waitlist too

Reactions: 1 user
watch they send wait list acceptance via snail mail hahaha

Reactions: 1 users
watch they send wait list acceptance via snail mail hahaha

I wouldn't think so .. you only have 24 hours to respond AND pay your deposit. I would think they would want it done as quickly as possible.

I wouldn't think so .. you only have 24 hours to respond AND pay your deposit. I would think they would want it done as quickly as possible.
Haha no I know I was just kidding. That would be pretty terrible though

Does anyone know what the time cutoff to pay the deposit tomorrow is?

Happy April 17th, everyone! May the odds be ever in our favor! :laugh:

Reactions: 6 users
maxresdefault.jpg

Happy April 17!

Reactions: 7 users
2b5914b3ddd7a81ccd758ec2c6c742c1_may-the-force-be-with-you-may-the-force-be-with-you-memes_625-416.jpeg

Lets hope they start making calls today :)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have declined my seat at LMU. Good luck to those on the waitlist!! I am rooting for you! <3

Im-gonna-need-1kdpod.jpg

couple memes to brighten everyone's day!

I just got an email that I was accepted off of the waitlist a few minutes ago but am declining my spot because I was accepted at the University of Illinois. Good luck!

I just got an email that I was accepted off of the waitlist a few minutes ago but am declining my spot because I was accepted at the University of Illinois. Good luck!

Congrats Man! Best of luck at Illinois :) would you mind sharing your stats with us hopefuls waiting to hear?

Hahaha that was supposed be in our private message @14gsp93

I'm officially obnoxious on the thread

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! I just received an email of my acceptance to LMU! I was on the waitlist. However, I was already accepted to my top choice school so I am going to go there! I'll be declining my seat shortly. I feel so honored to have been accepted to LMU and absolutely would have gone had I not been accepted to the other school. Good luck to all of you on the waitlist!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys! I just received an email of my acceptance to LMU! I was on the waitlist. However, I was already accepted to my top choice school so I am going to go there! I'll be declining my seat shortly. I feel so honored to have been accepted to LMU and absolutely would have gone had I not been accepted to the other school. Good luck to all of you on the waitlist!

Congratulations!!! Best of luck at your dream school :)

That's awesome! Do you mind sharing you stats to all of us going crazy?

That's awesome! Do you mind sharing you stats to all of us going crazy?

I think honestly what really helped me is that my background is very different. I also have a direct goal of what I want to do as a vet (not typical), and I have a lot of different types of experiences. I don't feel comfortable sharing all of my stats on here for the world to see, but I can direct message you!

I think honestly what really helped me is that my background is very different. I also have a direct goal of what I want to do as a vet (not typical), and I have a lot of different types of experiences. I don't feel comfortable sharing all of my stats on here for the world to see, but I can direct message you!

Thank you :)

I got the email today! But my log in doesn't work so that's fun.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats toro! Hopefully we're classmates this fall, just waiting for an email :whistle:

Congrats toro! Hopefully we're classmates this fall, just waiting for an email :whistle:
Sending all of the vibes to you guys!!!!!!!!!

I got an acceptance email today too. I'm declining my spot because I got into RVC! I hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 5 users
I got an acceptance email today too. I'm declining my spot because I got into RVC! I hope it goes to one of you!
Congrats! My friend graduates from there next month, such an awesome school!

Congrats! My friend graduates from there next month, such an awesome school!
Thanks! It's kind of a crazy jump to leave the country, but I hope it's worth it.

My log in didn't work either, so I changed the password and it magically worked.

Got the email today that I am accepted!!!!!! So happy and excited!!! Good luck to everyone :)

Reactions: 9 users
cheshire-cat-were-all-mad-here.jpg

everyone "patiently" waiting for an email. Does anyone else feel like they're sending out just a few at a time, instead of a mass surge like last years thread seemed to show?

cheshire-cat-were-all-mad-here.jpg

everyone "patiently" waiting for an email. Does anyone else feel like they're sending out just a few at a time, instead of a mass surge like last years thread seemed to show?

Yeah it seems like they are sending out a few then once people tell them their decision, they re-evaluate and send out more! This wait is killer

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah it seems like they are sending out a few then once people tell them their decision, they re-evaluate and send out more! This wait is killer

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
ugh what a killer process, I'm going mad at work today and the doctors i work for aren't making my anxiety any better haha

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats?
I have overall GPA of 3.4 with a science GPA of 3.3. I have over a thousand hours of shadowing experience at various veterinary hospitals and scored average on my GRE.

I have overall GPA of 3.4 with a science GPA of 3.3. I have over a thousand hours of shadowing experience at various veterinary hospitals and scored average on my GRE.
Ugh that's where I'm just about I hope I hear soon!

Today I finally accepted the fact that I'm probably not going to get into vet school again this year. Also, I euthanized two foals today which didn't help matters. I cried the whole way home. I just feel so defeated about vet school, I don't even know where to go from here or how to improve enough to even bother applying a third time. My parents keep trying to talk me into giving up and just being the poor vet assistant that I currently am forever.

Today I finally accepted the fact that I'm probably not going to get into vet school again this year. Also, I euthanized two foals today which didn't help matters. I cried the whole way home. I just feel so defeated about vet school, I don't even know where to go from here or how to improve enough to even bother applying a third time. My parents keep trying to talk me into giving up and just being the poor vet assistant that I currently am forever.
Don't ever give up on your dream! You know what you want to do with your life and you can make it so. It may be tough now but you will look back on this time when you are a vet and be glad you pushed through. You are awesome and don't let anyone tell you different!

Same here. It's torture!

Kpratt, any specialty interests? Etc..
I am interested in surgery and emergency medicine with mixed animal. I am not sure whether I said that in my interview, but I know I had something in my statement about emergency medicine