LMU c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I say after April 15th

Sent from my SM-S906L using SDN mobile

I hope it starts sooner, the wait list email did say when our deposit was due if we got called before 4/17. Hopefully that means they intend to make calls before then :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I hope it starts sooner, the wait list email did say when our deposit was due if we got called before 4/17. Hopefully that means they intend to make calls before then :)
that's what I was getting from the email so I'm hoping maybe by like April 1st?

Reactions: 1 users
All the reasons they are tied with UF for my number 1. Ive probably have a better chance at LMU ( 3.3 science with two more courses if grade replaced 3.1 averaged.) Im hoping taking a semester this fall will show/count at UF and LMU if UF can see my midterm grades.
My cGPA is 3.3, Science is 3.35 and last 45 is 3.39 so I think you would have a pretty decent shot at an interview for sure!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
We should be receiving "frequent" email updates from Genell, hopefully the first one will come soon. So basically we will all be frantically checking our emails every 5 seconds until something happens, just as we were before the official decision lol.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

As I just checked my email, not paranoid or anything hahaha

We should be receiving "frequent" email updates from Genell, hopefully the first one will come soon. So basically we will all be frantically checking our emails every 5 seconds until something happens, just as we were before the official decision lol.

Hey guys,

Posting this one last time for those of you who will be looking for housing down by LMU-CVM!

One of my roommates is moving out in Spring so my other roommate, her boyfriend and myself are looking for a fourth person who would like to live with us. We are both 2nd years from Pennsylvania who will be 3rd years next fall (which means more help for you ;)) and my roommates boyfriend is really easy going and quiet. We have a 3 bedroom 1 and 1/2 bath house that we rent that is located in Ewing about 4 minutes away from the farm campus where first years spend the majority of their time. We are about 15 to 20 minutes from the main campus as well! The house and the room that we have open is partially furnished (bed, dresser and another dresser with a vanity attached). In addition to this we also have pretty much any kitchen appliance you could want! Plus my roommate and I love to cook and we tend to split food costs, so you would be welcome to join us in that!

Pets are allowed in the house! I have a chinchilla and my roommate will have her 2 boxers! There is a pet deposit that is 600 if you have a dog you would split the deposit with my other roommate, but if it is just something small you do not need to worry about paying it! This deposit is refundable too! Cats are probably a no go, as one of my roommates dogs is not really a fan of them.

Rent is $1000 plus the internet (we have the fiber optic internet which is the best you can get down here. It has no data cap and works extremely well!). So each person pays 262.49 for rent and internet. Utilities are separate, and include electric and water split between the four of us. If you have any questions about that we would be happy to help! Of all our classmates we have probably the cheapest living expenses, so that is definitely a plus!

If any one has any questions or is interested feel free to shoot me a PM and we can talk some more!

Does LMU do file reviews? I would really like to know what I need to work on for the next cycle.

Does LMU do file reviews? I would really like to know what I need to work on for the next cycle.

They do, but only after you have been officially rejected I believe.

I saw there was activity on this thread and got excited thinking someone got a call off the wait list. :(

Do we even know how many people are on the waitlist? Even just a ballpark figure?

Do we even know how many people are on the waitlist? Even just a ballpark figure?

nope not that I'm aware of and i don't think we could ask either. I'm not 100% sure if everyone that was interviewed was either accepted or waitlisted or if there were some denials

Members don't see this ad :)
nope not that I'm aware of and i don't think we could ask either. I'm not 100% sure if everyone that was interviewed was either accepted or waitlisted or if there were some denials

I think someone on here said that they met a few people that were interviewed and later received rejections so at least we're not competing against the entire population that was interviewed and not outright accepted. I'm just worried about chances because they interviewed soooo many people. 600 interviews...how do you even narrow that down?

I think someone on here said that they met a few people that were interviewed and later received rejections so at least we're not competing against the entire population that was interviewed and not outright accepted. I'm just worried about chances because they interviewed soooo many people. 600 interviews...how do you even narrow that down?

Yeah I feel that. Idk I feel like they really are looking holistically at applications and they want well rounded people. From my interview I felt like they really wanted to know about me as a person and not just why I wanted to be a vet. If they denied people after interviews I think we should feel pretty confident and that they saw something in us that they must not have seen in other applicants. We stood out on paper and person hahaha

Yeah I feel that. Idk I feel like they really are looking holistically at applications and they want well rounded people. From my interview I felt like they really wanted to know about me as a person and not just why I wanted to be a vet. If they denied people after interviews I think we should feel pretty confident and that they saw something in us that they must not have seen in other applicants. We stood out on paper and person hahaha

I emailed them and they said that not everyone who interviewed was waitlisted but she couldn't tell me how many people were on the wait list. I'm kind of surprised no one's gotten called yet. Last year people were getting called about a week after the initial wait list email was sent out.

I emailed them and they said that not everyone who interviewed was waitlisted but she couldn't tell me how many people were on the wait list. I'm kind of surprised no one's gotten called yet. Last year people were getting called about a week after the initial wait list email was sent out.
Well that's good to know. Yeah i know it was a lot quicker last year. My guess is this is the first year they have to schedule 4th year clinicals and that has to be weighing them down quite a bit to make sure all the students schedules are set for next month and that they all have everything they need before they go god knows where haha.

Well that's good to know. Yeah i know it was a lot quicker last year. My guess is this is the first year they have to schedule 4th year clinicals and that has to be weighing them down quite a bit to make sure all the students schedules are set for next month and that they all have everything they need before they go god knows where haha.

That's a really good point, I didn't even think about that!

We schedule 4th year through the clinical relations department, not admissions. We got our finalized schedules over a month ago. Sorry

We schedule 4th year through the clinical relations department, not admissions. We got our finalized schedules over a month ago. Sorry
Damn haha, then I'm not sure. Thanks for letting us know though!

For accepted students or current students; I just got the e-mail about all the vaccination and health stuff. Just so I'm clear on what I have to do- I got the hepatitis, MMR, Varicella, etc vaccines when I was little, and I have proof, but do I have to actually get titers to show I'm still immune for ALL of them?!

For accepted students or current students; I just got the e-mail about all the vaccination and health stuff. Just so I'm clear on what I have to do- I got the hepatitis, MMR, Varicella, etc vaccines when I was little, and I have proof, but do I have to actually get titers to show I'm still immune for ALL of them?!
Yes you need the titers. Unless it has changed from last year, everyone is required to get their vaccine status checked with titers. Believe it or not, even though I was vaccinated when I was younger, at 21, my titers for MMR and Hep B were not sufficient so I had to get re-vaccinated/a booster. My friend from HS went to Harvard and even though she was vaccinated for something (mumps/measles <-can't remember which one), the school had an outbreak and she got sick. I would suggest doing it sooner rather than later because it can be time consuming. In NY even though I already had the full series for all of them, they wanted me to "re-do" the whole thing (Hep B has 3 shots with a 6 month wait between shot 2 and 3).

Thinking ahead to a graduation present for my vet school hopeful son (wait listed here) ... for those of you who are already students, would a stethoscope be appropriate?

Thinking ahead to a graduation present for my vet school hopeful son (wait listed here) ... for those of you who are already students, would a stethoscope be appropriate?

That's what my husband got me for my birthday and I thought it was a great idea. Your son will probably like it too.

Last edited:

Absolutely. Get the best one you can afford and get your name engraved. Having a good stethoscope really makes a difference when you're learning and since there's limited colors/styles it's easy for stethoscopes to get mixed up in lab, hence getting your name engraved. I have the master cardio, others in my class have the cardiology 3/4 (4 is the newer one).

Absolutely. Get the best one you can afford and get your name engraved. Having a good stethoscope really makes a difference when you're learning and since there's limited colors/styles it's easy for stethoscopes to get mixed up in lab, hence getting your name engraved. I have the master cardio, others in my class have the cardiology 3/4 (4 is the newer one).
Just quoting to add that these stethoscopes mentioned are made by Littmann, just so that they're easier for you to find if you want to look these ones up.

I have to say that I disagree with this. Higher quality scopes should be bought after school imo. Engraving is certainly a worthwhile investment, but going with a classic for learning will get you where you need to go, and out in practice it also depends on the degree of necessity for the various higher quality ones that are worth it to spend money on. What you have mentioned in that they go missing during school is pretty common, and it makes it even more stressful when it is an expensive one.

I have to say that I disagree with this. Higher quality scopes should be bought after school imo. Engraving is certainly a worthwhile investment, but going with a classic for learning will get you where you need to go, and out in practice it also depends on the degree of necessity for the various higher quality ones that are worth it to spend money on. What you have mentioned in that they go missing during school is pretty common, and it makes it even more stressful when it is an expensive one.

I guess it's personal preference. For me and a lot of my classmates, being able to hear things better makes a huge difference and keeps me from getting (as) frustrated when a professor hears an abnormality that I may not hear/comprehend as well. I have a classic as well (got in undergrad) and having the master cardio is a huge step up in what I can hear and the clarify.

We've had a couple of people accidentally pick up someone else's stethoscope, but it always got back to the owner because of engraving or a tag. Maybe it's different in a large, busier teaching hospital, but generally stethoscopes don't walk off around here.

I guess it's personal preference. For me and a lot of my classmates, being able to hear things better makes a huge difference and keeps me from getting (as) frustrated when a professor hears an abnormality that I may not hear/comprehend as well. I have a classic as well (got in undergrad) and having the master cardio is a huge step up in what I can hear and the clarify.

We've had a couple of people accidentally pick up someone else's stethoscope, but it always got back to the owner because of engraving or a tag. Maybe it's different in a large, busier teaching hospital, but generally stethoscopes don't walk off around here.
Eh, it has been discussed numerous times throughout the years. It is always going to be hard for the student to hear what the professor hears, but it shouldn't take an expensive stethoscope to get the basics down and then if someone takes a special interest in cardio, then maybe consider the more expensive ones. I would be especially cautious as it wasn't mentioned what the interests are for this person as obviously you also wouldn't want to spend that kind of money unless going small animal.

Basically, I am saying I would be cautious telling someone to get the most expensive they could afford until the student knows what their needs are. :)

Eh, it has been discussed numerous times throughout the years. It is always going to be hard for the student to hear what the professor hears, but it shouldn't take an expensive stethoscope to get the basics down and then if someone takes a special interest in cardio, then maybe consider the more expensive ones. I would be especially cautious as it wasn't mentioned what the interests are for this person as obviously you also wouldn't want to spend that kind of money unless going small animal.

Basically, I am saying I would be cautious telling someone to get the most expensive they could afford until the student knows what their needs are. :)

My son does plan on small animal (dogs, cats, etc.) ... thank you all so much for the comments and suggestions.

Almost had a heart attack when I saw the email... I wish I knew anything at all lol

Reactions: 4 users
Almost had a heart attack when I saw the email... I wish I knew anything at all lol
SAMEEEE my phones screen is too small so I didn't see the "no status change" when I opened it and almost threw up haha

Reactions: 3 users
I wonder how many seats are filled at this point for people that have paid their deposit...I thought the updates might give us a little hint. We still know nothing!! Limbo is so painful.

I wonder how many seats are filled at this point for people that have paid their deposit...I thought the updates might give us a little hint. We still know nothing!! Limbo is so painful.

Still unsure for sure, but the class of 2021 Facebook page is up to 104 now

Last year a ton of the wait list calls went out between April 11-13 (that's at least what I've concluded from stalking last years thread haha). I don't think that the total 104 are all students that have been accepted. I know a handful of people in the group that were accepted but are declining their seats for other schools so I think its pretty inaccurate representation of the class size at this time.

Last year a ton of the wait list calls went out between April 11-13 (that's at least what I've concluded from stalking last years thread haha). I don't think that the total 104 are all students that have been accepted. I know a handful of people in the group that were accepted but are declining their seats for other schools so I think its pretty inaccurate representation of the class size at this time.

A lot of the students on that page are also students who are currently at LMU :D I'm not panicking yet, I am going crazy though :rofl:

For any current students, if I am pulled from the wait list in the next few weeks I will not really have time to come back down to TN to look at housing, so I've been looking into the pet friendly housing on campus for the first year and was wondering if anyone had any more in depth information/personal opinions about the apartments? I know they're more expensive than renting in the area, but I would like to physically look at places before agreeing to anything. I would be bringing my 70lb Pointer with me, super friendly with other dogs and people, but does have a good amount of energy (used to living in my current apartment so I think he'd be ok with the size).

For any current students, if I am pulled from the wait list in the next few weeks I will not really have time to come back down to TN to look at housing, so I've been looking into the pet friendly housing on campus for the first year and was wondering if anyone had any more in depth information/personal opinions about the apartments? I know they're more expensive than renting in the area, but I would like to physically look at places before agreeing to anything. I would be bringing my 70lb Pointer with me, super friendly with other dogs and people, but does have a good amount of energy (used to living in my current apartment so I think he'd be ok with the size).

I know there are weight/breed restrictions for the on-campus pet-friendly apartments, but I don't know the details. Genell should have info on those.

Declined my position in the class of 2021 to go to the University of Missouri. Good luck to everyone in the waitlist! :)

Declined my position in the class of 2021 to go to the University of Missouri. Good luck to everyone in the waitlist! :)

Congrats! Were you called off the wait list for LMU and declined?

For everyone who got accepted somewhere else, especially those you got accepted out of the country( Ross) what are you guys doing? Paying the fees and hoping for LMU to accept or what?

For everyone who got accepted somewhere else, especially those you got accepted out of the country( Ross) what are you guys doing? Paying the fees and hoping for LMU to accept or what?

That's what I'm doing. Paying the deposit for Ross but hoping to get called off the wait list for LMU

Are you going to pay the second deposit as well?

If I get into LMU, yes. It's worth it to me to eat that $1000 deposit to Ross if LMU calls me. That is like the cost of one plane ticket to Ross and I live within driving distance to LMU

Congrats! Were you called off the wait list for LMU and declined?
Nope, I was accepted to Missouri and LMU right away, but just took forever in making the decision between the two schools.

Ugh the Facebook group is up to 116 members -_-

does anyone know if the office is open today and if they would be making any calls? They said before April 17 there was potential but I haven't heard of anyone getting an offer from the waitlist