LMU c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
you're awesome!

She said that she is hoping notifications will be sent within the next week and everyone will receive an email. I guess that when they made the handout for the interview day folders they were optimistic about the March 15 deadline and had to push it back. Back to waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

She said that she is hoping notifications will be sent within the next week and everyone will receive an email. I guess that when they made the handout for the interview day folders they were optimistic about the March 15 deadline and had to push it back. Back to waiting!
That's honestly a tad ridiculous that we don't even get a month to make a decision. They interviewed wayyyy too many people and its just causing an insane amount of anxiety for us all now which isn't all that fair.

Reactions: 1 user
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
But what about accepted students day and stuff? I kinda wanted to see the grad dorms for myself. But I don't want to get a last minute plane ticket if I'm not even accepted! That would just be awkward to say the least lol. Not to mention EXPENSIVE.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I'm really tempted to email and ask but I am afraid I will get the same vague you'll know eventually response
I emailed a couple of weeks ago and got a pretty vague response. I don't know why it has to be such a mystery. lol

I called today and she said that they are shooting for getting them out this week or next week. It could be at the of March though she said.

Next week is practically the end of March anyways :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
When I called yesterday she said it would be within the next 7 seven days.... so hopefully by Tuesday next week?

But what about accepted students day and stuff? I kinda wanted to see the grad dorms for myself. But I don't want to get a last minute plane ticket if I'm not even accepted! That would just be awkward to say the least lol. Not to mention EXPENSIVE.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I wonder if they changed the accepted students day since the answers have not all gone out yet. Or, possibly they will have more than one? I also wonder if they are already pulling off the "wait list" as people decline their seat.

I wonder if they changed the accepted students day since the answers have not all gone out yet. Or, possibly they will have more than one? I also wonder if they are already pulling off the "wait list" as people decline their seat.

I RSVP'd to it and haven't heard about it being changed. It's their first time hosting one so they probably won't do multiple- although I'm guessing this one will be small since it looks like there are still acceptances to go out (and the 3 weeks notice wasn't much- fortunately I'm close and don't have to miss class/exams).

I RSVP'd to it and haven't heard about it being changed. It's their first time hosting one so they probably won't do multiple- although I'm guessing this one will be small since it looks like there are still acceptances to go out (and the 3 weeks notice wasn't much- fortunately I'm close and don't have to miss class/exams).
Really poor planning hahaha

Has anyone commited to LMU yet? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
That's honestly a tad ridiculous that we don't even get a month to make a decision. They interviewed wayyyy too many people and its just causing an insane amount of anxiety for us all now which isn't all that fair.
FWIW, I was called on April 12 saying I was accepted and I had to have a deposit put down on April 15. One of my classmates was called off the wait list in August and they had an hour to decided if they wanted to go there or not. I was wait listed at another school and when I accepted in June, I asked if I could have some time to think about it. The guy seemed surprised but he allowed me a day to think about it. I was in this position last year with the only 2 schools that didn't reject me. I went and got a back up plan if I didn't get in and I was getting ready to put a deposit down if I did get in.

FWIW, I was called on April 12 saying I was accepted and I had to have a deposit put down on April 15. One of my classmates was called off the wait list in August and they had an hour to decided if they wanted to go there or not. I was wait listed at another school and when I accepted in June, I asked if I could have some time to think about it. The guy seemed surprised but he allowed me a day to think about it. I was in this position last year with the only 2 schools that didn't reject me. I went and got a back up plan if I didn't get in and I was getting ready to put a deposit down if I did get in.
Did they at least tell you before hen that you were waitlisted or did they not say anything about your decision at all until April 12?

Planning the "just in case" ... what is the deposit amount?

Did they at least tell you before hen that you were waitlisted or did they not say anything about your decision at all until April 12?
I probably was wait listed but I can't remember. I think because I interviewed in October and never heard anything back that I just assumed I was wait listed. Also I used my home address (NY) and not my college address (KY) so if I got anything I didn't get it but my parents did. I probably was wait listed around this time and I just don't remember. I just remember getting the phone call and freaking out and then paying my deposit the next day.

$1250 I believe is what is listed online
That sounds about right to what I payed last year and if it's online, that's probably it then.

I probably was wait listed but I can't remember. I think because I interviewed in October and never heard anything back that I just assumed I was wait listed. Also I used my home address (NY) and not my college address (KY) so if I got anything I didn't get it but my parents did. I probably was wait listed around this time and I just don't remember. I just remember getting the phone call and freaking out and then paying my deposit the next day.

i don't mind getting accepted in a month if it was off the wait list. I'd jut like to know if I'm waitlisted so I could try and plan ahead if I need to apply again next cycle, it's getting down to the wire to apply for post bac programs and I'm getting anxious hahaha

Also waitlisted, and quite heart broken.

Do you think they will tell us our position on the waitlist if we call?

Do you think they will tell us our position on the waitlist if we call?
They said to refrain from contacting them because they will give us updates, but I want to at least know where I'm starting....if you do contact them, let me know what they say!

I would like to know if anyone actually got rejected, or if they waitlisted everyone. lol

Also got the waitlist email... :( kind of bummed but still holding out hope. Just hope I find out the end decision sooner rather than later...

I do not think it is right to give so many of us false hope. They clearly have a certain amount of people that have accepted their seats already and to waitlist so many of us is plain torture. Especially knowing they can only accept so many.. it is very heartbreaking. Possibly having to go through the entire summer, get to August, and then receive another blow by recieving an email stating "sorry, but school just started and we figured we'd let you know you didn't get in, again" is just so devastating to me. It almost feels like it would have been better to be rejected, at least then I could reapply and know where I stand.. :'( Sorry for being so negative guys..just needed to get that off my chest. :(

Reactions: 2 users
A friend of mine that applied last year told me that she heard their waitlist moves really fast though! So there is still hope!

Reactions: 3 users
Wait listed. This is soul crushing

Wait listed. This is soul crushing
Agreed. I thought I would feel better finally hearing something but now I just feel like I have a pit in my stomach and the stress is setting in all over again :(

waitlists are purgatory, but I've always been surprised at schools that offer the rank number, as each applicant has a unique footprint in what they can bring to the veterinary profession. Each graduating class needs to be broad in applications to fill the vastly varying jobs involved in vet med. Can't have an entire class made up of companion animal practitioners. Need people that might go government, rural, equine, zoo, academic, research, mixed, etc. As a class fills, those spots all need alternates.

While I certainly get the frustration about a possible false hope, you just never know in this world. Prepare for the worst but for those select ones that a call suddenly comes, those are some magical moments. Keep chins up and striving forward with your lives. Life has it's own agenda, but attitude has much to do with what you take from it. :horns:

Reactions: 6 users
We waited so long for our decision which is..."Wait Longer"
zdrK7.gif

What i don't get is that they gave acceptances out 2 1/2 weeks ago and didn't send out waitlists at the same time.....just doesn't make sense

I was waitlisted too.... I want to ask how many people are on the waitlist but clearly they don't want us calling. :bang:

I was waitlisted too.... I want to ask how many people are on the waitlist but clearly they don't want us calling.
Like if they waitlisted ~450 that's insane and I feel so unhopeful of getting in

Like if they waitlisted ~450 that's insane and I feel so unhopeful of getting in

Exactly! Well it looks like people started getting calls off the waitlist about a week after the decisions email last year so hopefully we will start hearing back soon.

Exactly! Well it looks like people started getting calls off the waitlist about a week after the decisions email last year so hopefully we will start hearing back soon.
I hope so, I'd love to meet you in the c/o 2021 :) cheers to good news soon

I hope so, I'd love to meet you in the c/o 2021 :) cheers to good news soon

Haha I was just thinking the same! Fingers crossed we both get a call soon.

Very likely giving up my seat at LMU for another school. I want to wish the best of luck to those of you waiting. Don't be discouraged yet. Everything will work out and I bet many of you will be pleasantly surprised throughout the summer. We will all be doctors one day!! :highfive:

Reactions: 2 users