LIU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neodynium

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm currently a prepharm student for LIU and am looking to apply for their graduate phase this summer/fall. I'm just anxious and I want some feedback towards my shot at the program.
My GPA is currently 3.27 (my science and math GPA are exactly 3.0 lol)
I'm taking my PCAT this Friday as a trial-run (looking forward to a wasted $210 and a 30 percentile on each section having not studied). Will be taking it again this September as the "real" thing.
Not many E.C's. Don't know if working at Walgreen's (stocking stuff) over the summer can help.
The only thing I can improve on is my PCAT (oh man, this coming Friday will be a guessing game)

Can you guys chance me and reccomend me to any schools around in or around NYC? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

to be honest, working in the pharmacy would help but there is no chance of making it to a pharmacy school unless you do better than a 30th percentile. Some people have made it in with a 45-60th but they had insane GPA's of a near 4.0 as well as tons of experience and they probably nailed the interview, had amazing LOR's and knew someone on the admissions board. your GPA isnt very competitive. You definitely need a high PCAT score of at least 70 or 80 and pharmacy experience. Im not sure if you have any yet but if u dont, you'll only be applying to pharmacy schools with about a half year of experience.

Not true about the GPA, I have gotten interview from all 9 schools ive applied to and got accepted to all 5 schools ihave attended interviews. My GPA is only 3.1 and Science GPA is 3.2. My PCAT is around 67th percentile. DOnt be discouraged! :)