LIU Pharmacy Class of 2021.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mike.N347

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone starting the Fall of 2017 ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I just had my interview last week and I qas so nervous!! Hopefully that didn't ruin my chances.

Were there a lot of people ? I'm asking I had mine in November and there were only 15 people , and got our responses in a week . We got in !

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow those interview groups must have been nuts

Hey Mike, I recently submitted my application for LIU's Pharm.D program. I have a competitive GPA, PCAT SCORE, and I have 6+ years of pharmacy tech experience. However Im missing 2 pre-req English 2 and History2. I spoke to someone in admissions today and they told me that the Dean might approve me to take the courses in the summer if I send out an email. Have you heard of anyone being allowed to take pre-req in the summer before starting the program?

Reactions: 1 user
I have actually . A friend of mine failed or go and took it in the summer 1 and got in . Don't know how strict they are but since these classes that you need are not major classes like chem or bio I'm sure you can speak to them about it .

Hey Mike, I recently submitted my application for LIU's Pharm.D program. I have a competitive GPA, PCAT SCORE, and I have 6+ years of pharmacy tech experience. However Im missing 2 pre-req English 2 and History2. I spoke to someone in admissions today and they told me that the Dean might approve me to take the courses in the summer if I send out an email. Have you heard of anyone being allowed to take pre-req in the summer before starting the program?

Are you an LIU student ?

Ask admissions and if they are good with it then you should be set

Hey guys, How long after submitting the application to LIU did you here back for an interview ?

Mine was in November, and submitted October 28 and a week late got an interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear back from an acceptance yet? I did my interview second week of january D:

How did the interview go ? I got mine in November waiting for registration info

The interview went well in my opinion.... Maybe they're taking longer than expected because I took my PCAT Jan 5 and still haven't received my official scores? They told us 2-3 weeks. This Thursday it'll be 3 weeks. But then online it says 3-4 weeks... seems like a long time. I don't want to be left out without a seat from other schools.

I just got a call today for an interview !!! The interview is on Feb 24th. Any one else interviewing on that day ?

Interview questions are short and simple , just go straight to the point people I interviewed with beat around the bush with crazy stories and didn't even answer the question . The group interview / exercise is good , make sure you pitch in your opinion because you are being graded on it , if you can take charge take charge and when you do take everyone's opinion into consideration just have fun with it

Interview questions are short and simple , just go straight to the point people I interviewed with beat around the bush with crazy stories and didn't even answer the question . The group interview / exercise is good , make sure you pitch in your opinion because you are being graded on it , if you can take charge take charge and when you do take everyone's opinion into consideration just have fun with it

Do you know if everyone in your interview group got in?

I called the admissions and they stated to me that they haven't made any decisions yet for my interview date. I should know sometime next week. But yes interview questions are very basic, not hard at all. Act professional, one girl used slang many times to answer her questions. I feel that in group interviews its hard to get lost by hearing everyone's answers, just stick to your own and you'll be good. The group activity was fun. Make sure you voice your opinion. I noticed that all my other group members took part and towards the end, I felt horrible for not taking initiative, but thankfully at the end, they asked if anyone else had any opinions and I stood up and stated mine right away haha.

Thanks guys for your advice. Hopefully I get in and can meet you guys in person. :)

I had my interview in January and just got accepted!

Reactions: 1 users
Helsy you'll be totally fine , it's easy going . Just be yourself and just make sure you voice your opinion . You'll do great .

Has anyone been able to do the drug screening and background check yet?

Yea I finished mine in November . It's simple just try to get it done before the wave of new acceptances hits

Reactions: 1 users
That's weird they should because when I got mine I submitted my background check payment literally 10 minutes after I got the acceptance and made the appointment for the drug test. Call admissions and ask them

Is anyone a transfer and got accepted? I still haven't received the official admissions packet through the mail yet. Just wondering when I have to pay for my spot. Don't wanna lose it.

Hey guys, I'm a pre-pharm in LIU and I got my interview date on feb 17 and I'm very nervous. Can one of you guys that were accepted please tell me what kind of questions they asked you. I'm just very nervous and I don't want to bomb the interview! Thank you so much!

Hey guys, I'm a pre-pharm in LIU and I got my interview date on feb 17 and I'm very nervous. Can one of you guys that were accepted please tell me what kind of questions they asked you. I'm just very nervous and I don't want to bomb the interview! Thank you so much!

They were very basic questions. Nothing too crazy or controversial. Make sure to make your voice be heard during the group activity. Be confident in your answers.

Guys let us know what happens i want to find out who is going to be at orientation with me

if some one who got accepted to LIU pharmacy, please share how competitive the prospective student should be?
Deadline is coming, is it too late late to apply now?
Also, is it true that they prefer their students who started 0-6 program?

3.4 gpa pcat 380 or above and you can be a transfer but your application has to be a tad bit better than the pre pharmacy kids. It's competitive but not that competitive

Reactions: 2 users
Yea but a biochemistry major

I'm a biochem major at seton hall, looking into many pharmacy schools in the NY/NJ PA area. My GPA isn't really competitive (3.0) I haven't taken the PCAT yet and will be planning on getting a Pharmacy tech license. I wanted to know how difficult is it really to get into the LIU Pharmacy program?

Yea I think you have a chance since it's a biochem major

Don't even worry about the tech certification don't waste money just have some hours of actually working or shadowing under your belt. Make sure those classes you messed up on you improved with advanced courses or just retook them I think you got a chance apply their dead line is march 1

Don't even worry about the tech certification don't waste money just have some hours of actually working or shadowing under your belt. Make sure those classes you messed up on you improved with advanced courses or just retook them I think you got a chance apply their dead line is march 1

Thanks man, I will be finishing my major in spring 2018. I will be shadowing pharmacists at a hospital soon, and hopefully getting some research in this summer/fall semester.

Does LIU have 3 or 4 year program of pharmD?

Hrp if you have their pre reqs done apply this year just to see maybe they will consider you and if you don't then apply next year