Lincoln Memorial DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder if this has any implications on those that interviewed on 1/27 and how many they'll accept :(

Does that mean all those accepted from now on will be on a waiting list since they filled all their seats!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does that mean all those accepted from now on will be on a waiting list since they filled all their seats!

I don't think you guys should worry :) From one of the emails they sent me, it seems like they interview up until April anyway. I think the email they sent me was more of a courtesy and was just saying "From this point forward, it's a competitive process and we don't have many seats left so just be aware of that even though we're still reviewing your application" haha. I wouldn't look into it too much if you've already landed an interview and are waiting on a result! Good luck guys! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone from the 1.27.2017 interview cohort receives an acceptance phone call from the Dean please let us know!

Reactions: 1 users
If anyone from the 1.27.2017 interview cohort receives an acceptance phone call from the Dean please let us know!
I second this!

i think acceptance calls might be going out tomorrow!

I was under the impression that they were starting today and continue till Monday. Hopefully soon because I am on edge with this whole process

I was under the impression that they were starting today and continue till Monday. Hopefully soon because I am on edge with this whole process
This is what I thought they said last week as well.

Hi all! Congrats to those of you who've been accepted and keep waiting patiently for those of you who don't know yet. I'm a current 1st year here at DCOM, so if anyone has any questions or wants any advice, feel free to ask.

Did anybody else get an application update email basically saying your application is over. Was kinda weird

Basically stated my application is well rounded but there limited interview spots.

Did anybody else get an application update email basically saying your application is over. Was kinda weird

Basically stated my application is well rounded but there limited interview spots.
Yep just got this yesterday! Haha.

Members don't see this ad :)

Whats the exact wording of the email?

Whats the exact wording of the email?

"We truly appreciate your interest in LMU-DCOM. We want you to know we think your application indicates that you are well-rounded and that you might fit the mission of LMU-DCOM. Unfortunately, we have a limited number of interview seats. We will retain your application and continue to review it through the interview cycle. If selected for an interview, we will contact you via email.

If you have already been accepted to medical school and would like to cancel your application, please let us know."

II today. Beyond pumped about this especially this late in the game.

Reactions: 4 users
if we get in, does anyone know how long we have to make the deposit? Online I saw 14 days but during the interview they mentioned 30...

if we get in, does anyone know how long we have to make the deposit? Online I saw 14 days but during the interview they mentioned 30...
It would be 14. I'm pretty sure they misspoke.

"We truly appreciate your interest in LMU-DCOM. We want you to know we think your application indicates that you are well-rounded and that you might fit the mission of LMU-DCOM. Unfortunately, we have a limited number of interview seats. We will retain your application and continue to review it through the interview cycle. If selected for an interview, we will contact you via email.

If you have already been accepted to medical school and would like to cancel your application, please let us know."

Thank you and congrads, So, its like we want you but we cant take you now!

I took that as the "its not you its us" break up speech.

I am wondering if they have no more seats and only offering now waitlist spots for any interviews from now on!

Current students..question here...really debating doing the anatomy boot camp considering the $$$. For those who did it/did not do the camp...how did you fare?? Worth it? Advice por favor.

It's now 30 days but the whole thing is due at one time.
ImageUploadedBySDN1486255064.658886.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Nothing here. Getting really nervous.
Same, nothing here either. I'm thinking we wont hear back until Monday morning either by phone (because this is what happened last week) or when the email comes through on Monday

Same, nothing here either. I'm thinking we wont hear back until Monday morning either by phone (because this is what happened last week) or when the email comes through on Monday
It's making me super nervous! I'll take a waitlist at this point.

Anyone from 1/27 hear anything?

I got the same email about "not enough seats, we'll hold on to your app" thought I was II waitlisted.
should this be taken as a rejection pretty much? esp at this period in the cycle.

Current students..question here...really debating doing the anatomy boot camp considering the $$$. For those who did it/did not do the camp...how did you fare?? Worth it? Advice por favor.

Many students do boot camp. I did not do it but still ended up doing well. MGA is A LOT of work, though enjoyable at times. By doing boot camp, you'd be able to familiarize yourself with some of the information ahead of time, which is always nice. From what I've heard, it is not nearly as in depth as the actual course, but the brush over the highlights of each exam block which puts you ahead of those who haven't seen any of it before. For me, I had a stronger background in anatomy before starting here, so I didn't feel the need to do boot camp, but if you don't have a strong anatomy background, then this might be good for you. Do what feels right for you, but don't worry if you don't do boot camp. You won't be behind and can still do well.

I got the same email about "not enough seats, we'll hold on to your app" thought I was II waitlisted.
should this be taken as a rejection pretty much? esp at this period in the cycle.

Was that before you got an II? or you never got an II?

The dean is making calls today and emails should go out later.