Lies!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

donoAZ

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has this happened to anyone else?
I was told that my application was complete at UoP at the beginning of August; today I call just to make sure they know I'm alive, and they tell me they still havn't reviewed my application cuz they havn't gotten my letters of rec from AADSAS! Then I get the same from UNLV! How am I supposed to know when they really DO have al my stuff? Am I going to get invited at all if my ap isn't complete until 2 weeks from now, when they get the letters?

This is funny-- My phone just rang and I was told by UoP that they just recieved a massive box full of transcripts and letters from AADSAS. MAn I hate AADSAS. It's not even a GOOD excuse to waste my money.

Members don't see this ad.

donoAZ said:
Has this happened to anyone else?
I was told that my application was complete at UoP at the beginning of August; today I call just to make sure they know I'm alive, and they tell me they still havn't reviewed my application cuz they havn't gotten my letters of rec from AADSAS! Then I get the same from UNLV! How am I supposed to know when they really DO have al my stuff? Am I going to get invited at all if my ap isn't complete until 2 weeks from now, when they get the letters?

This is funny-- My phone just rang and I was told by UoP that they just recieved a massive box full of transcripts and letters from AADSAS. MAn I hate AADSAS. It's not even a GOOD excuse to waste my money.

I totally agree with you, AADSAS sucks. This service is definitely not worth the money that we pay them. I think that they should be boycotted. I called customer service last Friday, and a rep said that my application should be sent out on this Tuesday. I called today for confirmation of mailing and another rep said that they only mail out applications on Fridays. For heaven sakes, I submitted my application 7 weeks ago.

Same thing happened to me. AADSAS sent me an e-mail saying they received my transcript and sent it out to VCU. A month later, I call back for an update and guess what? They supposedly never received it. AADSAS sucks indeed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone on this forum once posted a very important thing about AADSAS: they don't work for us! AADSAS is a service to the dental schools, not the applicants. Just remind yourself of this whenever you deal with them. I cannot hurt to be a little patient with them too.

Patience is key.
But you just gotta make sure you get in your app. early.

ddsjeff77 said:
Patience is key.
But you just gotta make sure you get in your app. early.
This is what is frustrating though; I had my application in mid June, but the things I've sent later have been processed so incredibly slowly, I'm now pushing October and most of the schools I applied to still aren't looking at my ap cuz they havn't recieved info from AADSAS. So it seems there's little benefit to applying early if gping through AADSAS; I could have waited until September 21st, sent all my info to schools directly, and still been ahead of the game. PAthetic. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

edkNARF said:
Someone on this forum once posted a very important thing about AADSAS: they don't work for us! AADSAS is a service to the dental schools, not the applicants. Just remind yourself of this whenever you deal with them. I cannot hurt to be a little patient with them too.

if aadsas is mostly a service to the schools, which i agree it is, then the schools should pay them the outrageous processing fee... not us. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Yes. I contacted Marquette a while back and asked if everything was in order and they said it was and that they had everything but one of my LOR - which arrived a few days later. About two weeks ago I received a letter stating that they are waiting for my DAT scores. Sigh. The lady at the ADEA said that Marquette is loosing scores left and right and that she would contact them to find out what is going on. Moral of the story? - call Marquette and double/triple check to see if they still have your scores or are still waiting for them.