Liberty University Masters of Science of Biomedical Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

metoo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thinking about applying to this program. Are there any current or past students who care to share their thoughts about this program? Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Would not recommend. I would say go elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It's a new school with a new program, 99% of other schools don't know how good the program is so no point putting yourself behind if you can help it

Doesn't liberty offer an automatic admission into their medical school if you maintain a 3.5 GPA so I'm assuming for someone who'd be interested in going to that school, this would be a good program? I'm not too informed on this program so I'm trying to get info on it myself

Doesn't liberty offer an automatic admission into their medical school if you maintain a 3.5 GPA so I'm assuming for someone who'd be interested in going to that school, this would be a good program? I'm not too informed on this program so I'm trying to get info on it myself
You are correct if you get accepted to their one year Masters program. They also have a 2 year online and on campus Masters that the automatic admissions to their medical school does not apply to.

Thinking about applying to this program. Are there any current or past students who care to share their thoughts about this program? Thank you so much!

I was wondering if you actually applied to the program? I was thinking of applying as well however, I read that you need to be recommended for the 1 year program?

I was wondering if you actually applied to the program? I was thinking of applying as well however, I read that you need to be recommended for the 1 year program?
I asked them about the one year program and they asked to see my AACOMAS application, I emailed it to them. The next day I got an email from them that said I wasn't a strong enough applicant for the one year program and that I should do the 2 year masters. This program is only worth doing if you can get into the one year masters. It's no PCOM where I think the 2 year program is worth doing (only if you can't get into any one year program). I never heard that you had to be invited to apply. I saw nothing about that on their website either.

I asked them about the one year program and they asked to see my AACOMAS application, I emailed it to them. The next day I got an email from them that said I wasn't a strong enough applicant for the one year program and that I should do the 2 year masters. This program is only worth doing if you can get into the one year masters. It's no PCOM where I think the 2 year program is worth doing (only if you can't get into any one year program). I never heard that you had to be invited to apply. I saw nothing about that on their website either.
Do you mind telling me which email address you sent your aacomas app?

Do you mind telling me which email address you sent your aacomas app?
I emailed a graduate admissions officer. There are (if I remember correctly) 6 graduate admissions officers. You pick the admissions officer to email based on the first letter of your last name.

Yea it is because they want your money.

2 years of grade replacement will save you a lot more time and money than an expensive 2 year masters that will only help you get in to one school assuming you do well.

I also second what Placebo said and avoid Liberty's SMP since it won't help for any other medical school except Liberty and even then, grade replacement will be a much cheaper option.

Reactions: 2 users

I tried to find that but I could not find any information on that. Do you have a link? Thank you so much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just thought I would check in to see if anyone has applied here? Don't be afraid to share, I'm just looking for information.

Just thought I would check in to see if anyone has applied here? Don't be afraid to share, I'm just looking for information.
I actually ended up applying to the school but I have yet to hear back.

Cool! Is there any new information you can share from doing research on the program before you applied?

I just applied today. It's cool that there is no application fee unless you are accepted and decide to attend. Good luck to both of us.

I just applied today. It's cool that there is no application fee unless you are accepted and decide to attend. Good luck to both of us.
Hey I actually don't have much information as I'm still waiting for them to get back to me about the decision. I've submitted my app for about 1.5month now so hopefully everything works out for the both of us! Let me know if you find out any additional info :)

Hey I actually don't have much information as I'm still waiting for them to get back to me about the decision. I've submitted my app for about 1.5month now so hopefully everything works out for the both of us! Let me know if you find out any additional info :)
How's it going? Do you know if students in the Masters program take classes with the DO students? I know the teachers are the same but I don't know if we are all taught together in the same class room.

Any word yet?

Nothing yet but I will most likely be going to lmu's program if I don't get into VCOM post bacc. Did you hear anything yet?
I was complete only two days ago so no word yet.

I was complete only two days ago so no word yet.
I received an email saying that they will be reviewing me for a final decision by June 1st. Did you get something similar?

I received an email saying that they will be reviewing me for a final decision by June 1st. Did you get something similar?
Have not got anything from them. I'm still waiting to hear from USF-SOM too (MS program). I've been complete there for over 9 weeks:shrug:

Have not got anything from them. I'm still waiting to hear from USF-SOM too (MS program). I've been complete there for over 9 weeks:shrug:
This process is just a waiting game. I'm sure you'll hear from them soon though!

I just got accepted to this program. Are there any alumni who can speak for this masters program?

I got into the LMU MS (biomedical sciences) program not too long ago. I also got into a similar masters program (MS in medical phsiology) at Case Western Reserve. I'm going to Cleveland next week to talk with some current students and faculty about the program so I can decide which of the programs I will commit to. However, I am from Ohio and not sure with my work schedule whether I'll be able to schedule a similar visit to Tennessee. Are there any current students/alumni who can speak on this program? (Other than what is on the website). Thanks!

Got accepted into this program as well but going to LMU instead. Good luck to everyone!

I am currently a OMS I at Liberty, and I can tell you that the caliper of student coming from the masters program here at Liberty is top notch. For the majority all of them are sitting in the top 25% of the class. The extra year of prep work definitely paid off for them grade wise, also seeing this information for second time they are capitalizing on concepts and solidifying the knowledge that they attained from the program which will help them with board prep. Many of them want competitive residencies and are at a strong advantage to the rest of the medical students (starting in their first year of medical school, they are doing the pro-sections for anatomy, and tutoring OMS I's on most subjects). I have only been here at LUCOM for a semester so I cannot tell you how they will fair in the classes that we are about to take (Cardio/Neuro/Endo-Repro) but for the classes that we have finished (Genetics,Biochemistry,Immunology,Anatomy,Micro) they have excelled.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone starting this program in the fall?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Does this program MBS-conduct interviews or do you get accepted off the bat?

I am currently a OMS I at Liberty, and I can tell you that the caliper of student coming from the masters program here at Liberty is top notch. For the majority all of them are sitting in the top 25% of the class. The extra year of prep work definitely paid off for them grade wise, also seeing this information for second time they are capitalizing on concepts and solidifying the knowledge that they attained from the program which will help them with board prep. Many of them want competitive residencies and are at a strong advantage to the rest of the medical students (starting in their first year of medical school, they are doing the pro-sections for anatomy, and tutoring OMS I's on most subjects). I have only been here at LUCOM for a semester so I cannot tell you how they will fair in the classes that we are about to take (Cardio/Neuro/Endo-Repro) but for the classes that we have finished (Genetics,Biochemistry,Immunology,Anatomy,Micro) they have excelled.
hello,
I saw your post that you underwent, completed and eventually matriculated to Liberty's medical school. I just got accepted into the 2yr program but still trying to decide if this is the right program for me.
My goal is to eventually matriculate into Liberty's medical school. Can you tell me if this programs guarantees acceptance to medical school if you achieve a 3.0 GPA or higher? Also were you required to re-take the MCAT after completion of the program?
The online information for this program says guaranteed interview if GPA 3.0< irregardless of MCAT score.

Also, do you know of anyone that was accepted into the 2yr program and completed the curriculum within a year? Is that possible?

Thanks
sorry so many questions
[email protected]

youkiddingme!, 1 minute ago Edit Report

is anyone going to this program this year? anyone been part of the program? experiences? please let me know!

Anyone going to this program or has more information?

Hey yo. I am starting the online degree this fall. Any tips?

Also starting the online degree soon. Would also like any tips. I am super nervous.

at least for my first term, its been pretty chill. I have a's in both my classes 5 weeks in.

That's awesome! Are you doing the program over 1 year or 2 year span? What classes did you start with?

That's awesome! Are you doing the program over 1 year or 2 year span? What classes did you start with?
I started with biostatistics and anatomy and will be completing it in 1 year

I started with biostatistics and anatomy and will be completing it in 1 year

Okay, are you taking 2 classes per semester? Or more? Are you full time or part time? I am still trying to decided because I work a job full time. Do you think it's possible to do the program full time, while working full time? Also how long did it take you to get an acceptance? Just curious because it took them about a week or so to get an answer.
Also if you would like to private message me back, feel free. Sorry for all the questions :)

Okay, are you taking 2 classes per semester? Or more? Are you full time or part time? I am still trying to decided because I work a job full time. Do you think it's possible to do the program full time, while working full time? Also how long did it take you to get an acceptance? Just curious because it took them about a week or so to get an answer.
Also if you would like to private message me back, feel free. Sorry for all the questions :)

No worries! I work full time, but my job is fairly flexible for being full time. I do have A's currently in both of my classes, still a happy marriage, and my company still satisfied with my work. It does however require sacrifice of recreational time. I am very busy these days!

It took like 3 days for an acceptance. I chatted with them and they expedited the decision. I am taking 2 classes per term right now, but will be taking 16 or 15 credits in the fall I believe.

No worries! I work full time, but my job is fairly flexible for being full time. I do have A's currently in both of my classes, still a happy marriage, and my company still satisfied with my work. It does however require sacrifice of recreational time. I am very busy these days!

It took like 3 days for an acceptance. I chatted with them and they expedited the decision. I am taking 2 classes per term right now, but will be taking 16 or 15 credits in the fall I believe.
Hey! How is the program going? I'm applying for fall semester.

Hey guys,

I am applying for the one-year program to start next Fall and have a few questions if anyone knows the answers and doesn't mind sharing! I know some of this info has been touched on in previous posts but it seems like the program has been evolving over the past few years (which I guess is expected since it's newer).

So my first question is, does doing the one-year versus the two-year program increase your chances of acceptance into the med school? And is the 2-year online program viewed equally as the residential 2-year program in terms of admissions competiveness?

There are some things I like about the 2-year option like being able to apply for a GA position (meaning free tuition plus a living stipend, less overall debt) and probably less stress/more free time (which is nice since I also have a family). But it kind of defeats the purpose if doing the 2-year program makes me less competitive for the DO program.

And second, how much weight is put on program GPA versus overall undergrad + graduate GPA when applying through AACOMAS? I have a few semesters of crappy post-bacc grades when I was dealing with a difficult personal situation that don't seem to be an issue for this program (seems like they mainly focus on primary bachelors GPA), but I'm worried they might still affect my chances of acceptance into DO school (though I've since maintained a 4.0 GPA over the past 1.5 years). Does anyone know whether or not program GPA (with decent MCAT/strong interview) is generally the deciding factoring in LU's DO admissions decisions? It would obviously really be a bummer to attend this program, work hard and achieve a high GPA, only to find out later that old grades would still keep me from moving forward. So any experience or insight would be hugely helpful and greatly appreciated!

I'm really interested in this program and like a lot of things about it, I just want to be sure I'm taking the right steps.

Thanks a lot for reading!

Thinking about applying to this program. Are there any current or past students who care to share their thoughts about this program? I am thinking about applying for the 2 year program. Has this degree plan been beneficial to your career or helped you in your career/educational goals? Just trying to figure out if this is the route I am looking to go. Also how difficult was it to get accepted and what was your undergrad degree in, gpa, and had you taken the MCAT or GRE prior?

I have a B.S. in Neuroscience and I have not yet taken the MCAT or GRE.

Thanks so much, this will help me decide if this is the route I am trying to go.