Liberty University COM (LUCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will your portal state if you are on priority or regular wait list?, or do you find out priority or not by email?
It specified in the email they sent out. Here's what mine said for clarification "The Admissions Committee has recommended your acceptance into this fall’s class; however, at the present time, we anticipate that our class is filled so we are unable to extend full acceptance. The Admissions Committee is a recommending body, and the final decision on who will be accepted remains with the Dean and the Assistant Dean of Admissions and Student Services. Their recommendation is that we place you on a priority waitlist which we will draw from as openings become available due to forfeited acceptances. We do anticipate movement on this list as applicants are accepted elsewhere or their plans to attend LUCOM change for other reasons."

I'm not finding anything on the portal, but if it does show up on there I'd kindly appreciate any guidance directing me to where it is located.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It specified in the email they sent out. Here's what mine said for clarification "The Admissions Committee has recommended your acceptance into this fall’s class; however, at the present time, we anticipate that our class is filled so we are unable to extend full acceptance. The Admissions Committee is a recommending body, and the final decision on who will be accepted remains with the Dean and the Assistant Dean of Admissions and Student Services. Their recommendation is that we place you on a priority waitlist which we will draw from as openings become available due to forfeited acceptances. We do anticipate movement on this list as applicants are accepted elsewhere or their plans to attend LUCOM change for other reasons."

I'm not finding anything on the portal, but if it does show up on there I'd kindly appreciate any guidance directing me to where it is located.

When did you interview? (I am trying to gauge how deep the waitlist goes.)

When did you interview? (I am trying to gauge how deep the waitlist goes.)
March 6th. When I interviewed they made it sound like they didn't have anyone on the list yet, but I may be wrong. They said there were 2 interviews left after that and it looked like they were only set up for 8 people at a time. We only had 6 show. Their statistics estimate 50% acceptance from interview, 25% denied, and 25% waitlisted. Hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
March 6th. When I interviewed they made it sound like they didn't have anyone on the list yet, but I may be wrong. They said there were 2 interviews left after that and it looked like they were only set up for 8 people at a time. We only had 6 show. Their statistics estimate 50% acceptance from interview, 25% denied, and 25% waitlisted. Hope that helps.

I interviewed back in November and I was put on waitlist then, normal waitlist not priority, so it might go farther back? Dunno for sure.

I interviewed back in November and I was put on waitlist then, normal waitlist not priority, so it might go farther back? Dunno for sure.
This is my understanding of the waitlist, "First, the admissions committee believes you have the capacity for success in medical school, but there were candidates with stronger qualifications for a limited number of seats. And two, you applied late in the process and only waitlist positions are available." From what I understand, the priority waitlist is accepted pending room in the class, and the other waitlist is more like a typical waitlist. I'm not sure if you were waitlisted for the first or second reason, and I can't find information specifying on the LUCOM website. It just seemed like during my interview that we were the first to be considered for priority waitlist instead of acceptance. I could be wrong. Either way for the normal waitlist, the statistics provided stated roughly 25% of those interviewed are placed on the normal waitlist. Maybe someone else has more information. They also said last year 80% of those on the priority waitlist got into the class. I'm not sure if the other 20% went with another school, or there wasn't room. I'm hoping for the best, I'd be really excited if I got in there. I love their campus and really felt like they respected and cared about their students.

Accepted here! Can someone send me the facebook page?

Edit: NVM. Found it

Last edited:
This is my understanding of the waitlist, "First, the admissions committee believes you have the capacity for success in medical school, but there were candidates with stronger qualifications for a limited number of seats. And two, you applied late in the process and only waitlist positions are available." From what I understand, the priority waitlist is accepted pending room in the class, and the other waitlist is more like a typical waitlist. I'm not sure if you were waitlisted for the first or second reason, and I can't find information specifying on the LUCOM website. It just seemed like during my interview that we were the first to be considered for priority waitlist instead of acceptance. I could be wrong. Either way for the normal waitlist, the statistics provided stated roughly 25% of those interviewed are placed on the normal waitlist. Maybe someone else has more information. They also said last year 80% of those on the priority waitlist got into the class. I'm not sure if the other 20% went with another school, or there wasn't room. I'm hoping for the best, I'd be really excited if I got in there. I love their campus and really felt like they respected and cared about their students.

This was my impression of the classification system too. I interviewed after you (March 13th). The way that they laid it out, the AdCom had to make decisions on 60+ candidates the next time that they met, and that may or may not have included our interview group too. As the number of people offered a seat was already pretty high, I think it was a default "if there was room, we would admit instead of putting them on a priority waitlist."

I don't recall hearing about the "80% pulled from the priority waitlist" statistic, but that is interesting.

Accepted here! Can someone send me the facebook page?

Edit: NVM. Found it

Was this a straight admission into the class or were you pulled from a waitlist position? Just curious to see if they are already drawing from the waitlist.

I was straight accepted a while back. Just posting now

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when they start pulling people off of priority waitlist?

Does anyone know when they start pulling people off of priority waitlist?

i would say from now and over the next few months is when movement happens as students get moved off of waitlists at other schools. it happens all the way to when orientation starts unfortunately so the anxiety is real. best of luck!

i would say from now and over the next few months is when movement happens as students get moved off of waitlists at other schools. it happens all the way to when orientation starts unfortunately so the anxiety is real. best of luck!
Unfortunately true. I remember being on the waitlist at MCV the first time doing applications from Mar --> Aug

Hey, does anyone that interview March 10 and after received an acceptance, priority waitlist, waitlist or rejection. I am curious to know if Liberty had filled the remaining 30 seats that they mentioned were left.

I do believe that they pull from the waitlist periodically, well, that is what they made it seem. There was a guy who mentioned that he was waitlisted in December and was pulled off in Feb. So, I am curious on their methodology on pulling from waitlist if the person on here was truthful

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, does anyone that interview March 10 and after received an acceptance, priority waitlist, waitlist or rejection. I am curious to know if Liberty had filled the remaining 30 seats that they mentioned were left.
From what I understand those 30 seats were people who had yet to put down a deposit, not open seats. One of the people I interviewed with on March 6th just got pulled off the priority waitlist. So there has been movement. Be patient everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
From what I understand those 30 seats were people who had yet to put down a deposit, not open seats. One of the people I interviewed with on March 6th just got pulled off the priority waitlist. So there has been movement. Be patient everyone!
That's fantastic news. You should be hearing from them shortly. I praying for the best for you. On my interview date which was after yours, they admitted that they handed out 16 acceptances to the people who interview your day and a week prior. During our interview, they also stated that they emailed people about their deadline to have everything by the 15th and only 2 people had theirs, so that number would open up again. I am praying that I am one of the lucky few to get that phone call from Liberty

Not sure if you know, but did they receive a call or an email first?

Just got my apartment... It's getting kind of real now... And just got back from my wife's 25 week ultrasound. HA... I'm gonna need some study assistance the first couple of months.

good luck to everyone still on the waiting list!

Just got my apartment... It's getting kind of real now... And just got back from my wife's 25 week ultrasound. HA... I'm gonna need some study assistance the first couple of months.

good luck to everyone still on the waiting list!

Boy or girl??

Congrats. A good few of my classmates arrived with a baby on the way

Hey, I spoke to them and they stated that it was not ranked.
Congrats to all who welcomed their precious bundle of joy, and to those who will soon welcome their blessing.
They said that they rank the list based on interest.. like if you check in with them periodically about attending then you will be moved up the list and more likely to be accepted!

They said that they rank the list based on interest.. like if you check in with them periodically about attending then you will be moved up the list and more likely to be accepted!
OH wow, interesting!!! Did they tell you that during your interview or did you call and ask? I won't bombard them will endless calls lol, perhaps every 2-3 weeks seems suffice.

OH wow, interesting!!! Did they tell you that during your interview or did you call and ask? I won't bombard them will endless calls lol, perhaps every 2-3 weeks seems suffice.
They said it at the interview! I was accepted, so I didn't ask them about it further, the dean of admissions just said that they are definitely more likely to accept someone off the waitlist if they show continued interest vs. someone that doesn't communicate with them after the initial "yes I want to stay on the waitlist" email!

My friend got the call today that he was pulled from the waitlist! Good luck to anyone else that is waiting.

My friend got the call today that he was pulled from the waitlist! Good luck to anyone else that is waiting.
That's right guys!!! Just got pulled off the priority waitlist a couple days ago:). I interviewed late February in case you were wondering. For those of you still waiting, I wish you all the best of luck. I know its hard but stay positive and be patient guys. Looking forward to meeting my new classmates.

Reactions: 4 users
That's right guys!!! Just got pulled off the priority waitlist a couple days ago:). I interviewed late February in case you were wondering. For those of you still waiting, I wish you all the best of luck. I know its hard but stay positive and be patient guys. Looking forward to meeting my new classmates.

Congratz sir.

Hop on the Facebook group.

I was told that they are currently pulling from the priority waitlist, and that there have been little movement with already accepted students. We still have time especially with the May 15th deadline approaching. I do wonder how long the priority waitlist is or have they started reaching out to priority waitlist recipients from the March 10,13, and 17th dates. Maybe we can gauge how close to being done from pulling from the PW they are.

I was told that they are currently pulling from the priority waitlist, and that there have been little movement with already accepted students. We still have time especially with the May 15th deadline approaching. I do wonder how long the priority waitlist is or have they started reaching out to priority waitlist recipients from the March 10,13, and 17th dates. Maybe we can gauge how close to being done from pulling from the PW they are.

Just wanted to point out that the deadline for Financial Checkin is not until July 18th. May 15th is when you are allowed to start checking in, but you have until July 18th.
Source: Student Accounts: Financial Check-In | College Of Osteopathic Medicine | Liberty University

:) Just wanted to make sure the right information is out there for all to see.

Just got off the priority waitlist today but I'm confused. Haven't received any emails. Will I be receiving something or how do I pay my deposit?

Just got off the priority waitlist today but I'm confused. Haven't received any emails. Will I be receiving something or how do I pay my deposit?

You should with in 24-48 hours I believe. I think all my info was sent a few days after the call.

If you don't hear something soon, call.

Congratz.

Are there still priority waitlist movement or any updates in regards to the number of seats filled.

MY WAIT IS OFFICIALLY OVER!! ACCEPTED LITERALLY 10 MINUTES AGO