LGBTQ and Carribbean med schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coronaradiata

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
(Let me start off by saying if this is something you prefer to PM me about, then please...by all means do it. This is something I'd really like info on.)

I'm applying to a couple of Caribbean schools and am curious to know what the climate is like for LGBTQ students. I fall into that camp and am curious to know if I should be concerned for my safety, will I be (generally) accepted by others, are there LGBTQ friendly clubs/orgs/events, might I be able to date/hook-up/have some sort of social life etc? (And please, I already know that "you don't have time to date in med school" blah blah blah, and I also know that's not always the truth, so please spare me that line. Thank you.)

If anyone has any information on the above topic, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

I guess I'm the ONLY LGBTQ student on this forum? :( C'mon people, talk to me please! I'd really like some answers regarding this topic.

Thank you.

SGU has a student club for it and had some gay students when i was there, the students didn't care but the locals i don't think were too happy about it. You'll have to be careful when in public places off campus but as long as you keep the PDA to a minimum i don't think you'll have a problem or anyone will be able to tell. I did hear that being gay is illegal in Grenada don't know if there's a fine or what... just be careful and you'll be okay... I am assuming most islands are like this, meaning the locals won't tolerate it but the students won't care. You can call the schools and ask them specifically if they have student organizations or clubs. I doubt you will find gay clubs/bars on the islands. but hey it's only 2 years.. good luck and becareful.