Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jasonboy94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about letters, the way letters are done at my school is that all letters including from physicians and volunteer work are sent to the pre-med adviser. The adviser then writes a committee letter and sends the committee letter along with the packet of letters received through AACOMAS. My question is that in many of my secondaries; I was asked to send a letter from a doctor i shadowed. Will that packet be fine or do i have to contact the physician and ask him to resend the letter to individual schools or upload to AACOMAS. The adviser told us in ACCOMAS to only enter one letter (committee letter)

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question about letters, the way letters are done at my school is that all letters including from physicians and volunteer work are sent to the pre-med adviser. The adviser then writes a committee letter and sends the committee letter along with the packet of letters received through AACOMAS. My question is that in many of my secondaries; I was asked to send a letter from a doctor i shadowed. Will that packet be fine or do i have to contact the physician and ask him to resend the letter to individual schools or upload to AACOMAS. The adviser told us in ACCOMAS to only enter one letter (committee letter)

If I were you, i would get that individually sent and uploaded onto AACOMAS only because the committee letter usually covers the professor LORs.