let's talk money honey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pericarditis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what's the average pay for a non-invasive cardiologist in big cities like NYC or Chicago? how about else where?

Members don't see this ad.

In terms of MGMA data percentile, what is a reasonable starting income guarantee? If they make close to 90th percentile, I will ask for something between the 25th and 50th percentile.

- Signup bonus for a desirable area: does 20k seem reasonable?

Members don't see this ad :)
In terms of MGMA data percentile, what is a reasonable starting income guarantee? If they make close to 90th percentile, I will ask for something between the 25th and 50th percentile.

- Signup bonus for a desirable area: does 20k seem reasonable?
I was offered 20k for signing bonus as well. I'm considering asking for an additional 5k and/or reimbursement for board exam registrations fees (echo, nuclear, and cards). Anyone else done this? Does it seem reasonable?

I'm in a different IM subspecialty, but I would probably prioritize the structure of the compensation/contract more than the actual number. Straight salary vs salary +productivity vs pure productivity. All those are vastly different as far as your earning potential.