Lecturio Reviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Staphylococcus Aureus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone use it alongside coursework? For boards? Any feedback from those that have used lecturing would be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

I have found it to be far to superficial to use along with my courses. Sometimes it is helpful to explain specific concepts that you have difficulty understanding but it stops there for me. I used it my first two or three months of medical school but I haven't really touched it since then. I won't renew my subscription.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I'll put it this way.

My first-year anatomy teacher was not good. I passed and didn't feel the lack of anatomy until the surgery and trauma rotations. There dear god did I feel it. Luckily around that time, I was introduced to Lecturio. Using it I reviewed anatomy and ended up doing well in both (after fearing that I won't pass).

Some things about the service, the lectures are concise and clear, however, they are not enough to base all of your studying on it. The service will provide the foundation that you can build your house upon, but it is up to you to finish building the house.

So to answer your question, yes I used it, still use it and recommend it with great gusto.

cheers
a fellow colleague from the DEEP SOUTH.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Boards and Beyond is way better. BnB and pathoma will have you covered. Lecturio lectures were weird to me but idk.

I love it. It really saved my ass often. Combine it with your lec notes and a quick read from your book and you should be set.

I use lecturio and honestly I like it a lot..
The videos are clear and concise and provide just enough to understand what is important without being too heavy.. Also, the fact that their service doesn't hurt your wallet that much is nice.
I got this 25%off discount to share after I paid for my subscription: lcLZh

It is not intended to replace your textbook but rather make your life easier but making it easier to read and more understandable..
Cheers

I ended up with Boards and Beyond and highly recommend it. I think it will become BBUFAP.

Is there any reason to use lecturio over BB? It's $240/year vs. $140 for BB, and everyone praises the hell out of BB.

BBUFAPSZ is all anyone needs (S for sketchy).

BBUFAPSZ > $100k of MS1+2

Reactions: 2 users
For a newbie like me, what does BBUFAPSZ stand for? Thanks!!

Guessing Boards & Beyond, UWorld, First Aid, Pathoma, Sketchy, Zanki.

I read too much SDN....

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I used Lecturio throughout my medschool courses and for the boards. Along with the first aid. They provide a complete guide.
I used FAL (First aid + Lecturio) If your using first aid to primarily study for the boards or for class. Including lecturio videos and quizzes
will fill in the gaps and increase your scores. I was pretty much struggling with some of the lectures from my classes before I started using Lecturio

I am NOT a fan of Lecturio! The videos are boring; you can get content right from your own faculty if your school records lectures. The practice questions frequently have errors in them, or > 1 right answer. I think that you can find better content on YouTube.

Boards and Beyond, I like.