This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AaronBsox

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I started this thread due to not finding any related for this current cycle.
My application for this cycle is currently under review, but I am hopeful. I was accepted last cycle, but unable to attend due to graduation issues. I was surprised though because I had read a lot of people posting that they did not get in with an AIS (Academic Index Score), but I did so do not lose hope!
cGPA: 3.3
AIS: 109 (It was either a 108-109)

More information on the LECOM Postbacc: https://lecom.edu/admissions/entran...ces-post-baccalaureate-entrance-requirements/

Members don't see this ad.

Portal has been updated!

"The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

Members don't see this ad :)
Did any of you guys apply this year through AACOMAS?

When did you guys start applying? I am applying in February and am wondering if it's too late :/

When did you guys start applying? I am applying in February and am wondering if it's too late :/

I applied around October when the application came out but they didn't start to review applications until this week so you will still be an early applicant when applying in February!

Ah! This will still work for their masters program GPA? Do you know of any other programs that are the same?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

This is a certificate program not a masters btw lol but any masters/certificate program that you apply for that starts this year will still use grade replacement because they use the 2016-2017 AACOMAS application

This is a certificate program not a masters btw lol but any masters/certificate program that you apply for that starts this year will still use grade replacement because they use the 2016-2017 AACOMAS application

Oh oops I thought this thread was for the 1 year Master of Medical science at LECOM...my bad! But I know for a fact that Touro-CAs 1 yr masters program doesn't do AACOMAS grade replacement (not even for the current cycle) because I emailed and asked...they use a separate application system :( My GPA is less than 3.0 without grade replacement so now looking at what options I have for post-baccs/SMPs. How does this work when you apply via AACOMAS?

Oh oops I thought this thread was for the 1 year Master of Medical science at LECOM...my bad! But I know for a fact that Touro-CAs 1 yr masters program doesn't do AACOMAS grade replacement (not even for the current cycle) because I emailed and asked...they use a separate application system :( My GPA is less than 3.0 without grade replacement so now looking at what options I have for post-baccs/SMPs. How does this work when you apply via AACOMAS?

I should have said any masters/certificate program that accepts AACOMAS applications will do grade replacement, I've applied to this program and the VCOM post bac without any trouble with the grade replacement. You just need to apply to the school through AACOMAS and your transcripts, LOR, and test scores will transfer over to the post bac after you apply.

Accepted :)
Stats if anyone is interested: 3.25cgpa/3.18sgpa AIS score 111

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted :)
Stats if anyone is interested: 3.25cgpa/3.18sgpa AIS score 111

Congratulation!! You should be very happy.

What is AIS exam exactly ? I'm sorry I'm not familiar with AIS i am from Europe and haven't done high school here... I was googling it and it says I can either take SAT or ACT to be considered for LECOM post bac. Does that mean SAT or ACT is an AIS?

Congratulation!! You should be very happy.

What is AIS exam exactly ? I'm sorry I'm not familiar with AIS i am from Europe and haven't done high school here... I was googling it and it says I can either take SAT or ACT to be considered for LECOM post bac. Does that mean SAT or ACT is an AIS?

Um I think if you didn't do high school in the states then you can't have an AIS score but you should call LECOM to confirm. AIS is a score that is calculated from your high school ACT/SAT test score and your GPA from undergrad

Just got my acceptance letter today! What have you guys been hearing about this program?

Just got my acceptance letter today! What have you guys been hearing about this program?
Congrats. I need to apply soon. Ive heard good things about this program... I knew of a guy that said the program was worth it...

Can you let us know when you applied and how long it took to hear back?

Thank you

would a 2.83cGPA and 510 be competitive? looking to apply next early next cycle

Just received rejection letter, kind of surprised to be honest. Stats: cGPA 3.52 sGPA 3.42 AIS 124

The lack of MCAT probably didn't help, but anyways, best of luck to everyone applying!

Just received rejection letter, kind of surprised to be honest. Stats: cGPA 3.52 sGPA 3.42 AIS 124

The lack of MCAT probably didn't help, but anyways, best of luck to everyone applying!

Sorry to hear that. Vcom post bacc is open for apps. Are you planning on taking the MCAT soon? It wouldn't hurt to take it and do well then send them a letter of intent stating you did well in the MCAT.

Have anyone else sent a letter to admissions and was successful?

Just out of curiosity, why not just take the MCAT if your GPA is hovering around 3.5?

I was planning to take the MCAT in April and applying broadly this upcoming cycle, but the new grade repeat policy dropped a bomb on my plans by lowering my cGPA to under 3.0. So I decided to apply to some post baccs instead as an alternative.

I already applied to VCOM and will also send LECOM my MCAT score once I take the exam. Hoping for the best!

Was wondering how one calculates their AIS. Have most of my app done (just waiting on recommendations to finish up) and want to know how competitive I would be.

Something is missing. The average AIS for the DO program is a 120. So if this is true than you're leaving something out for sure.

Something is missing. The average AIS for the DO program is a 120. So if this is true than you're leaving something out for sure.

It could be more of a toss-up than people realize. I was denied a few weeks ago with 3.4 cGPA 3.3 sGPA and a 119 AIS, that is with grade replacement though and I think they did have access to my awesome MCAT score of 494. They say they take what's higher though between the MCAT or the AIS, but the MCAT score still exists.

It could be more of a toss-up than people realize. I was denied a few weeks ago with 3.4 cGPA 3.3 sGPA and a 119 AIS, that is with grade replacement though and I think they did have access to my awesome MCAT score of 494. They say they take what's higher though between the MCAT or the AIS, but the MCAT score still exists.

Your gpa is great, sorry to hear. Did they tell you why you were not considered? The last time I spoke with Jamie...he said they consider a mcat score around the 50%, which is about 499.

Your gpa is great, sorry to hear. Did they tell you why you were not considered? The last time I spoke with Jamie...he said they consider a mcat score around the 50%, which is about 499.
I actually never followed up with them since I applied to several other post baccs and those panned out. I did have a lot of W's from early on in undergrad and I did repeat around 4-5 classes, plus I only had like 100 hours clinical volunteering from 5 years ago. Anything I can say would be pure speculation though

I actually never followed up with them since I applied to several other post baccs and those panned out. I did have a lot of W's from early on in undergrad and I did repeat around 4-5 classes, plus I only had like 100 hours clinical volunteering from 5 years ago. Anything I can say would be pure speculation though
Hi, where else did you apply and where did you get accepted to? Thanks

would a 2.83cGPA and 510 be competitive? looking to apply next early next cycle

Your MCAT is good enough for admission to consider you. Write an excellent personal statement and you will have more than a decent shot at this program. They don't like saying this, but your MCAT score is a pretty good indicator of your future COMLEX score.

If anyone has questions about the program (whether you are already accepted or still applying) let me know. I was in your shoes this time last year, and in 2 more months and I'll be an OMS I at LECOM, so I might be able to answer some of your questions.

If anyone has questions about the program (whether you are already accepted or still applying) let me know. I was in your shoes this time last year, and in 2 more months and I'll be an OMS I at LECOM, so I might be able to answer some of your questions.

This year, did everyone who revive the 3.0 end up getting in? I know there are some still waiting for spring grades before getting in.

I am interested in the predental program post bac. Do you think it's too late in the cycle to apply? I was going to apply and have everything in by next week Friday, pending my transcripts of course.

Also, if classes start in September, how are we guaranteed an interview at LECOM (assuming a 3.0+) since the predental cycle starts giving out interviews around that time? Unless LECOM gives them out super late?

I am interested in the predental program post bac. Do you think it's too late in the cycle to apply? I was going to apply and have everything in by next week Friday, pending my transcripts of course.

Also, if classes start in September, how are we guaranteed an interview at LECOM (assuming a 3.0+) since the predental cycle starts giving out interviews around that time? Unless LECOM gives them out super late?
No, it's not too late. I applied around March 30th, and was accepted pretty shortly after that.

This year, did everyone who revive the 3.0 end up getting in? I know there are some still waiting for spring grades before getting in.
Well, like you said. They have to wait for the grades first. However some of us have been accepted since January. If you have above a 3.4 after the first semester, you will interview and get a "conditional acceptance" which is a real acceptance (tells you your pathway you received, requires a deposit in X amount of time, etc." Only difference is that there is a line that says pending you don't fail any postbacc courses (69% or below in any class) any courses or drop below a 3.0 somehow (which is hard to do honestly without failing if you have a 3.5). As far as the people hovering around 2.7 - 3.3, LECOM waits for their final grades, because it would be hard to rescind acceptances/refund deposits etc. after finals.

Would I be pushing it if I were to apply to this program in May-June?

Portal has been updated today that my application is under review. Any idea what this means?

Hello everyone, just found out I was accepted today. 3.6 GPA 115 AIS for anyone who is curious, also I am taking my first MCAT in May. I was super excited to receive my acceptance letter, however after doing some reading of the previous years threads I am now quite nervous. It seems that maintaining a 3.0 GPA for this program will be more difficult then it would seem. I am hoping that the people posting horror stories were just part of a more vocal minority, and that with proper dedication and work this program will be manageable. Haha I'm trying not to psyche myself out!

Hello everyone, just found out I was accepted today. 3.6 GPA 115 AIS for anyone who is curious, also I am taking my first MCAT in May. I was super excited to receive my acceptance letter, however after doing some reading of the previous years threads I am now quite nervous. It seems that maintaining a 3.0 GPA for this program will be more difficult then it would seem. I am hoping that the people posting horror stories were just part of a more vocal minority, and that with proper dedication and work this program will be manageable. Haha I'm trying not to psyche myself out!

Current Post-bacc here. I honestly got to say that you what you will get out of this program is exactly what you put into it. This program is very structured and "they" aren't out to get you. The order of lectures, the time between exams, the difficulty of the material is set up in a way that they are not messing with you, but you know exactly whats coming your way. If you can get your planning for studying what and when correctly, you will do fine. The material in the first semester is more forgiving than the second semesters material. Second semester is almost twice as hard as first. It's not an accident that it is set up this way, this is done so you can take advantage of it. A lot of students come in thinking they just need to maintain a 3.0 so they end up not working as hard the first semester only to screw themselves over because they went below. Use first semester's relatively easier material to buffer up your GPA. Go ALL OUT first semester and get the highest possible GPA and don't become complacent. Not only will you be one of the first people to get your interview, but you will get your acceptance earlier, taking that much stress off you. In addition, you won't be as stressed second semester and will be able to "afford" getting lower grades. Anatomy and Pharmacology are the 2 hardest classes second semester and you will want/need that GPA buffer in the event you get a C in one or both of these classes. That won't be a big deal if you have a high GPA first semester to make up for second semester. Statistically very few students that got a 2.9ish first semester were able to pull up their overall gpa to 3.0 in previous years. DO NOT get a low 3.0 first semester, GET a 3.4 or higher. Anyone with 3.4 or higher this year got their acceptance letter early. If anything, assume that the minimum GPA to matriculate is 3.2, you will work that much harder.

Hopefully I didn't scare you or anything, but yes this program is do-able and you are literally here to prove to LECOM that you are worthy of being a med-student because lets face it, were all in this program because we have less than stellar academics/MCAT. So if you're gonna be a med student, then they expect you to act like one and perform like one. There are many resources the school gives out, use them. They even have tutors to help you if you are struggling.

After I finish up the post-bacc, I'm gonna write up a class-by-class "how-to" since every class is different and every professor is different. This should help to understand what to expect in the class and how to study efficiently for that class.

Reactions: 20 users
Current Post-bacc here. I honestly got to say that you what you will get out of this program is exactly what you put into it. This program is very structured and "they" aren't out to get you. The order of lectures, the time between exams, the difficulty of the material is set up in a way that they are not messing with you, but you know exactly whats coming your way. If you can get your planning for studying what and when correctly, you will do fine. The material in the first semester is more forgiving than the second semesters material. Second semester is almost twice as hard as first. It's not an accident that it is set up this way, this is done so you can take advantage of it. A lot of students come in thinking they just need to maintain a 3.0 so they end up not working as hard the first semester only to screw themselves over because they went below. Use first semester's relatively easier material to buffer up your GPA. Go ALL OUT first semester and get the highest possible GPA and don't become complacent. Not only will you be one of the first people to get your interview, but you will get your acceptance earlier, taking that much stress off you. In addition, you won't be as stressed second semester and will be able to "afford" getting lower grades. Anatomy and Pharmacology are the 2 hardest classes second semester and you will want/need that GPA buffer in the event you get a C in one or both of these classes. That won't be a big deal if you have a high GPA first semester to make up for second semester. Statistically very few students that got a 2.9ish first semester were able to pull up their overall gpa to 3.0 in previous years. DO NOT get a low 3.0 first semester, GET a 3.4 or higher. Anyone with 3.4 or higher this year got their acceptance letter early. If anything, assume that the minimum GPA to matriculate is 3.2, you will work that much harder.

Hopefully I didn't scare you or anything, but yes this program is do-able and you are literally here to prove to LECOM that you are worthy of being a med-student because lets face it, were all in this program because we have less than stellar academics/MCAT. So if you're gonna be a med student, then they expect you to act like one and perform like one. There are many resources the school gives out, use them. They even have tutors to help you if you are struggling.

After I finish up the post-bacc, I'm gonna write up a class-by-class "how-to" since every class is different and every professor is different. This should help to understand what to expect in the class and how to study efficiently for that class.

I just want to say thank you for taking time out of your current studies to respond to my post, you definitely assuaged my worries. I very much look forward to reading your how to guide, good luck with the rest of the program, I hope you finish strong!