LECOM Pharmacy C/O 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! When did you interview and how long after did it take for a decision?
I interviewed on the 28th of January, so like a week before I knew about it. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if the class of 2019 LECOM Erie is full now? Thanks!

Got the acceptance via snail mail yesterday for LECOM-B for interview day 28 Jan!

Most likely going to hold my seat as the tuition is too nice to ignore and the area is better compared to the other schools I got into. Glad LECOM was quick with it before I had to place deposits elsewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know if there is a facebook group for the LECOM-B yet? Or possibly want to start one if there isn't.

You are welcome :). Yes, I would definitely recommend having a car. This area isn't too big and if you want to find reasonable apartments, you will have to do a 10 minute commute to school. The school is located in Lakewood Ranch (one of the nicest areas in Bradenton/Sarasota) so rent walking distance from the school is very high. If you are looking for something nice, I would recommend Carlton Arms.
I would also recommend at renting houses 10 minutes away sometimes they are cheaper then apartments honestly..... I live in the area my whole life so any questions you have feel free to ask :)

Hey everyone, sorry I didn't read everyones post but I figured I'd drop by if anyone had any questions. I'm a second year here at LECOM - Bradenton. I used this site extensively, and I know exactly how most of you are feeling during the application process. Feel free to ask me anything or direct message me for any questions.

Cleaveland

For those of you who have already applied to LECOM's Distance Pathway program, how long did it take for you to hear back from them regarding needing to complete a supplemental? My application was verified and submitted to LECOM's Distance Pathway last Friday, but I haven't heard anything yet regarding the supplemental, so I'm just curious as to how long it usually takes. Thanks.....

My Interview is scheduled for the same day! I applied to the 4 yr. traditional pathway and the distance pathway!

Hey, how did your interview go? Hope it went well. Did you interview for both LECOM-B and the Distance Pathway, or just one of the programs?

For those of you who have already applied to LECOM's Distance Pathway program, how long did it take for you to hear back from them regarding needing to complete a supplemental? My application was verified and submitted to LECOM's Distance Pathway last Friday, but I haven't heard anything yet regarding the supplemental, so I'm just curious as to how long it usually takes. Thanks.....

I heard back about two weeks after my application was verified.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Hey, how did your interview go? Hope it went well. Did you interview for both LECOM-B and the Distance Pathway, or just one of the programs?

My interview went great! The faculty really makes you feel comfortable. I applied to both LECOM-B and the Distance Pathway. They say we should know something by tomorrow

My interview went great! The faculty really makes you feel comfortable. I applied to both LECOM-B and the Distance Pathway. They say we should know something by tomorrow

That's great to hear! After you applied, did they just invite you to interview for one of the programs, or did you receive intervites to both the campus and Distance programs?

Does anyone know how long does LECOM-Bradenton takes to send a decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's great to hear! After you applied, did they just invite you to interview for one of the programs, or did you receive intervites to both the campus and Distance programs?

I received invites for both programs. I interviewed for LECOM-B from 7:45am-12:30 and interviewed the same day for the distance program from 12:45pm-4:45pm.

Does anyone know how long does LECOM-Bradenton takes to send a decision?

About a week. I interviewed last Thursday and I should know a decision by tomorrow afternoon.

I received invites for both programs. I interviewed for LECOM-B from 7:45am-12:30 and interviewed the same day for the distance program from 12:45pm-4:45pm.

Do you know which one you'll attend if you're accepted to both?

Reactions: 1 user
That's tough I like both pathways!

I'm waiting on my application to the Distance program to be received by LECOM so I can go ahead and fill-out the supplemental. With it being so late in the admissions cycle, I'm hoping there are still interview spots remaining for the Distance program, especially considering that they only accept around 24 people per year into it....

I'm waiting on my application to the Distance program to be received by LECOM so I can go ahead and fill-out the supplemental. With it being so late in the admissions cycle, I'm hoping there are still interview spots remaining for the Distance program, especially considering that they only accept around 24 people per year into it....

Well when I interviewed they said they still have a lot of spots. I hope everything works out for you!

Well when I interviewed they said they still have a lot of spots. I hope everything works out for you!

Thanks, you too! Let us know what you hear tomorrow!

Good luck tomorrow to those that interviewed on 2/11 at LecomB!!!

I just spoke with Ava, I was accepted to LECOM-B and the Distance pathway!!!! Now I need to decide which pathway to pick.

I just spoke with Ava, I was accepted to LECOM-B and the Distance pathway!!!! Now I need to decide which pathway to pick.

congrats!!!! I'm nervous to call

You interviewed on 2/11?

Is anyone interviewing for the distance pathway in March? I have been invited for an interview on March 17th. Excited and nervous at the same time. I am not sure what to expect

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app[/QUOTE]

Did you make a decision yet. Did you write an essay during your interview and do you mind sharing what topic you wrote on. Thanks

Did you make a decision yet. Did you write an essay during your interview and do you mind sharing what topic you wrote on. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I'm leaning towards LECOM-B. If you took the PCAT you don't have to right an essay. My interview day was nice, the faculty makes you feel comfortable! Just make sure you do your research of the school and the program.

Did you make a decision yet. Did you write an essay during your interview and do you mind sharing what topic you wrote on. Thanks

I'm leaning towards LECOM-B. If you took the PCAT you don't have to right an essay. My interview day was nice, the faculty makes you feel comfortable! Just make sure you do your research of the school and the program.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I didn't take the PCAT because I already have a degree. Did you write an essay ?

Thanks. I didn't take the PCAT because I already have a degree. Did you write an essay ?[/QUOTE]

No I didn't have to take it.

Hey everyone, sorry I didn't read everyones post but I figured I'd drop by if anyone had any questions. I'm a second year here at LECOM - Bradenton. I used this site extensively, and I know exactly how most of you are feeling during the application process. Feel free to ask me anything or direct message me for any questions.

Cleaveland

What are some suggestions on how we should prepare for the first semester?

Why are you leaning towards LECOM-B over the distance pathway? In your opinion, what's better about it? Thanks!

Why are you leaning towards LECOM-B over the distance pathway? In your opinion, what's better about it? Thanks!

Both pathways are amazing. But I'm in a online masters program now and I think I would like a change of pace. I want more teacher/ peer interaction and get that true pharmacy school experience!

My best advice is to enjoy as much time off as possible before the semester starts! Trust me, haha. Everything will fall in place when the semester starts, really.

Both pathways are amazing. But I'm in a online masters program now and I think I would like a change of pace. I want more teacher/ peer interaction and get that true pharmacy school experience!

Congratulations on getting accepted! My application was sent off by PharmCAS to LECOM (Distance Pathway) last Friday and I still haven't heard anything, so I'm beginning to get a bit worried....

Congratulations on getting accepted! My application was sent off by PharmCAS to LECOM (Distance Pathway) last Friday and I still haven't heard anything, so I'm beginning to get a bit worried....

Thank you! I'm going to be declining my distance pathway acceptance, just stay calm it's a rolling admission. Just began preparing yourself for your interview.

My best advice is to enjoy as much time off as possible before the semester starts! Trust me, haha. Everything will fall in place when the semester starts, really.

Hahaha ok! Thanks

I suggested to someone about living situations. Highly recommend closer to school because as the retired folks from up north come down, you're going to be dealing with a lot of traffic. The school is really particular on coming on time and attendance. Also, if you are on a budget please see if you guys have a Facebook group already to find roommates or the LECOM portal forum for that. You'll find living by yourself is going to be expensive but if that isn't an issue I highly suggest a 1 bedroom / studio a little bit away from school. (6-10 miles). I know there are houses for rent too if you have a few of you and that saves you a TON of money too.

PM me if you have any other questions.

I've never been so happy to write a $500 check in my life LOL just mailed in my deposit

I was accepted today at LECOMB! Any questions feel free to contact me :).

Hey, how long after sending in your deposit did you receive the matriculation packet?

Hey, how long after sending in your deposit did you receive the matriculation packet?

Congrats on your acceptance :). I received it within a week.

Thank you! I'm so excited to get started.

After you guys paid for & submitted your supplemental application to LECOM's Distance Pathway, how long did it take for you to hear back regarding an interview?

After you guys paid for & submitted your supplemental application to LECOM's Distance Pathway, how long did it take for you to hear back regarding an interview?

About 2 weeks.