LECOM Class of 2022 (accepted 2015) from high school directly advice for our family?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmasaurusRex17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This was posted in the pre-med/DO thread, but...

Hi guys, so I'm a clinical pharmacist resident atm, but my little brother who is now turning 20 was accepted straight from high school when he was 17 into LECOM's 7-year accelerated program (3 year at another school and then 4 at LECOM direct pathway). He will be completing his requirements at another school this year, and directly moving into the program without having to take MCATs (although he's doing it anyway) because he is still highest honors. Do you guys have any advice on what to study or prepare for when he first gets into his MS1 year? Also, is there anything that we should expect as a family to prepare him for?

Thanks a bunch! I know it's really competitive and unusual for this to happen, hence why I ask.

Members don't see this ad.

There are actually a handful of combined undergrad/medical school programs throughout the country. My brother is finishing up his undergrad at a 4+4 program. The best thing for him to do is to follow the advice of those who went before him in that 3+4 program, but I'd generally say that there is nothing in particular that he should "pre-study" before M1. Since the institution he was at before is a known entity for LECOM, they probably have a pretty good rationale for accepting such students and are confident that he will do just fine. Most likely the undergraduate program did a decent job teaching him how to learn; that's really the key thing.

This should stay in the pre-med thread...

Thanks guys and thanks Bobcat, I had no idea where to put it considering he was already accepted so I was like uhhhh. :). We really appreciate your guys' help <3.

-J.