This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sinairam

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi :') I wanted to start a list of alternates for this cycle to vent our frustration or excitement if we don't hear or do hear from them. I called today and I was ofered and alternate position and my admissions satus changed to "The Office of Admissions received confirmation of your position on the alternate list. We will notify you if you are selected. Notification can take place up until the first day of classes."

I just really want to get in :(

Members don't see this ad.

Did you already interviewed?

I have an interview scheduled for May 4 in Lecom-B

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, on April 6th :/
Maybe they just want to finish all the interviews first to choose the best candidates. There's a lot of time left; don't give up on them yet!

Mind sharing your stats?

I got placed on the alternate list as well! Hopefully I'll hear from them soon :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Maybe they just want to finish all the interviews first to choose the best candidates. There's a lot of time left; don't give up on them yet!

Mind sharing your stats?
Yes, I'm praying for that. Thanks for your support. My GPA 3.56 No PCAT.

Hope we all get accepted!

My PCAT score sucks because of the math part (39 composite). I hope my other stats back me up (GPA 3.87, 5 years working as pharm. tech.)

Can you share your experience in the interview? What questions did they asked?

There's a group interview and an individual interview. The group is really relaxed. Questions like talk about yourself. Why pharmacy. Opinions on a certain topic ( for me it was on vaccines since someone in the group talked about it). The individual was why you chose the school. Scenario type questions. Study habits etc. overall it wasn't too stressful.

When is your interview?

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

There's a group interview and an individual interview. The group is really relaxed. Questions like talk about yourself. Why pharmacy. Opinions on a certain topic ( for me it was on vaccines since someone in the group talked about it). The individual was why you chose the school. Scenario type questions. Study habits etc. overall it wasn't too stressful.

When is your interview?

Sounds very chill. My interview is next week, May 4. I'll be coming from Puerto Rico. I hope to be accepted since I was already planning on moving to Florida.

Did you prepared a personal portfolio for your interview?

Sounds very chill. My interview is next week, May 4. I'll be coming from Puerto Rico. I hope to be accepted since I was already planning on moving to Florida.

Did you prepared a personal portfolio for your interview?
Don't bring anything. Guys didn't have anything in their hands. Girls had a handbag.

Don't even worry about the dress code. Out of all the interviews this is the only one where I saw everyone super dressed. I just wore business casual clothes and look like I was going for an interview. I just had my interview and I'm from NJ. As for the interview this was chill. I had one at USF and they had an different approach, MMIs but Lecom wants to know you so don't be nervous. They split you into two groups where you will answer an question with people then write an essay. I believe they had four topics but the questions are typical. I don't know if I'm allowed to write it on here, but they weren't that hard. Hint: what are challenges you think pharmacist face. Then the second part is your one on one interviews with an facility member. I like the guy who interview me, very sincere. They want to know you since they have no idea what is on your application. And be yourself. Like someone said above, they want to get to know who you are and if you will be an for. Focus on your reason so why you want to go to pharmacy school, how do you deal with an challenge, how you deal with time management, and about your experience with pharmacy. If you do not have any, don't worry. Just be yourself and if you have any more questions ask away. But how long do Lecom get back to you? Someone told me today they meet on Friday and make their decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any word with regards to Lecom Erie. I apologize for bringing that campus up, but this forum does have more movement. I haven't received any word from Erie and it's been over a month. Does that mean I'm rejected? And will they notify students that they got rejected? I'm assuming it's the same for Bradenton, I could be wrong. Thanks!

I am applying to both Erie and Bradenton but I haven't heard back. I'm waiting for an school in my state but I'm indecisive about USF and another school. But if you haven't heard back and it's been an month I am a little worried. Oh Jesus. Have you tried calling them? USF took an entire month to make their decision since the committee is really busy so maybe that is normal so those too rates schools. Chill, it does not mean you are reject. Check the portal. Is there any status about your application?? If not just reach out to the school. I really HOPE you get into Erie, I've heard positive things about the campus. And there isn't an forum for Lecom Erie which is weird, there should be one.

LECOM ERIE Pham Class of 2020 (Start 2017, 3 year program)
LECOM ERIE Pham Class of 2020 (Start 2017, 3 year program)

I tried to create one but is dead lol. I already got accepted to a few programs. But I'd like to get accepted to a school closer to my state such as Lecom Erie. Hopefully I'll get word back and it's been well over 30 days and no change to the portal as well. I did call them a few days ago and they said to wait a week. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Fingers crossed! Hopefully good news!

Waiting for this school is like waiting for rain in the blazing hot weather. I am a little worried they take an whole month to get back to you cause during the interview they kept stressing to go on the portal especially. I already gotten into 3 schools and Lecom tuiton is pretty affordable. I just wish I lived close to FL but Erie is an great campus but what I heard. I hope you get word on your application. Stay strong!

Waiting for this school is like waiting for rain in the blazing hot weather. I am a little worried they take an whole month to get back to you cause during the interview they kept stressing to go on the portal especially. I already gotten into 3 schools and Lecom tuiton is pretty affordable. I just wish I lived close to FL but Erie is an great campus but what I heard. I hope you get word on your application. Stay strong!

You said you're "applying" there and you've got accepted to other places. Did you get an interview? And if so, how long has it been after the interview. I am certainly not stressing out since I've got accepted into others with scholarships. I just wanted to explore more options lol. Hopefully we get word back. I remember during the interview, they said they've scheduled interviews in may. I was just wondering if anyone got an interview past my date that got accepted. I'm sure many have but I will always try stay positive.

I did my interview last week in Bradenton; it was very laid back. I think I did very well, and I feel confident about my chances.

They told us that the admission committee meet all fridays to make decisions about the candidates, and if someone is put in the alternate list, he/she may not be offered admission till the first day of class; that is very dissapponting.

For those who still in waitlist Nova has a great program that after one year they leads you to the pharmD if you have an overall of 80 or more in the clases. The program is named by Masters in Pharmaceutical Affairs. I'ts a 2 years program but if you pass with 80 or more they invite you for an interview to the pharmD program in the first year. Its a good choice for those who doesnt have other options. Its in Miami Campus. You have time to apply because deadline is on June 1 and somethimes they give you more time. I applied on april 18, have an interview on May 8 and got accepted on May 11. No PCAT needed. If youre not from FL they offer you interview by skype. If you want more information you can write me.

Congrats to those who enters to lecom and for those who are waiting dont lose hope. God has his plan!!

Reactions: 1 user
Did you hear from lecom yet?

I called them yesterday but they said to me they still giving interviews until the first week of July. Then they are to start considering students from the alternate list.

For those who still in waitlist Nova has a great program that after one year they leads you to the pharmD if you have an overall of 80 or more in the clases. The program is named by Masters in Pharmaceutical Affairs. I'ts a 2 years program but if you pass with 80 or more they invite you for an interview to the pharmD program in the first year. Its a good choice for those who doesnt have other options. Its in Miami Campus. You have time to apply because deadline is on June 1 and somethimes they give you more time. I applied on april 18, have an interview on May 8 and got accepted on May 11. No PCAT needed. If youre not from FL they offer you interview by skype. If you want more information you can write me.

Congrats to those who enters to lecom and for those who are waiting dont lose hope. God has his plan!!

Are you considering that Master degree? I wouldn't recommend it. You'll just start taking student loans before even get into pharmacy school.

If you don't get into Lecom this year, just try the next one with a better PCAT score and in various universities.

Reactions: 2 users
I called them yesterday but they said to me they still giving interviews until the first week of July. Then they are to start considering students from the alternate list.

That's such a long wait. the last time I spoke to admissions she said their last interview date was June 1st and that I'd hear from them before the 15th of June. Now it's pushed back til July :(

Are you considering that Master degree? I wouldn't recommend it. You'll just start taking student loans before even get into pharmacy school.

If you don't get into Lecom this year, just try the next one with a better PCAT score and in various universities.

Thats Pharmacy School. Losing one year more trying to get the door open for the pharmD its sad and its a waste of money too. The courses that you will be taking in the first year of the masters degree are the same for the first year of the pharmD and its a good option for those who opportunities are limited. I want to go to LECOM because its one less year and a thousands less but if I dont enter this is going to be my second year out of school and that sucks too. So I prefer to sacrifice a thousands that spends a lot of years still trying. I have two friends doing the masters and they enter in the first year and get accepted to the phatmD in Nova at Miami Campus and now theyre pursuing the pharmD so I think that its better to have something that nothing. So im still praying.

That's such a long wait. the last time I spoke to admissions she said their last interview date was June 1st and that I'd hear from them before the 15th of June. Now it's pushed back til July :(

Exactly. I read a post from someone here that they called him the second day of classes. So he had to cancel they honeymoon and travel to Fl and make all the arrangments because they anounce him in August. Thats sad too. How we are supose to make everything without time. How we are going to find apartments, fill all the information for the loans, cars, things. Thats horrible :(. Im waiting for them but I accepted and pay the 1,000 for the seat in the masters because I dont know if they choose me. Like I said up, we have ti still praying for the best. Hope we get in.

Thats Pharmacy School. Losing one year more trying to get the door open for the pharmD its sad and its a waste of money too. The courses that you will be taking in the first year of the masters degree are the same for the first year of the pharmD and its a good option for those who opportunities are limited. I want to go to LECOM because its one less year and a thousands less but if I dont enter this is going to be my second year out of school and that sucks too. So I prefer to sacrifice a thousands that spends a lot of years still trying. I have two friends doing the masters and they enter in the first year and get accepted to the phatmD in Nova at Miami Campus and now theyre pursuing the pharmD so I think that its better to have something that nothing. So im still praying.

How does the program work? I think I'll look into that as well as a second option. Do they offer you an interview or accept you into their pharmacy program if you do well in those classes?

How does the program work? I think I'll look into that as well as a second option. Do they offer you an interview or accept you into their pharmacy program if you do well in those classes?

They offers an interview. They send you the invitation so you dont have to apply for it. They contact you if you have an overall of 80 or more and they give you the interview but just for to be sure thats the right place for you. Youre they student so basically youre in. My friend said to me it was very easy. They are constantly talking to you about the bridge to the pharmD and how to achieve that goal and they prepare you. You dont have to make the two years. Just the phirst semester and in the second they give you the opportuniy for the interview and put you into the p1 directly. My interview in skype for the masters last 10 minutes. It was with the director of the pharmacy department Dr. Carvajal. He was so nice. He ask me Why pharmacy, tell me about yourself, why the masters, if i did know about the bridge to the pharm D and why the bad grades because i had a problem with org chem 2 and i repat it. But he was super nice.

They offers an interview. They send you the invitation so you dont have to apply for it. They contact you if you have an overall of 80 or more and they give you the interview but just for to be sure thats the right place for you. Youre they student so basically youre in. My friend said to me it was very easy. They are constantly talking to you about the bridge to the pharmD and how to achieve that goal and they prepare you. You dont have to make the two years. Just the phirst semester and in the second they give you the opportuniy for the interview and put you into the p1 directly. My interview in skype for the masters last 10 minutes. It was with the director of the pharmacy department Dr. Carvajal. He was so nice. He ask me Why pharmacy, tell me about yourself, why the masters, if i did know about the bridge to the pharm D and why the bad grades because i had a problem with org chem 2 and i repat it. But he was super nice.
First****

Oh ok. So basically you have to do really well to secure a spot. I'm still debating at the moment tho lol lots of should I or shouldn't I and what ifs lol

Thats right. This stress me so much. :( some nights i cant sleep

I don't think you guys should do it. Getting a masters in a degree that's worthless is useless. They just want more money from you guys. Do a masters in something useful that can actually get you a job such as public health. Apply to pharm school early and you should get accepted. If not, so be it finish the masters and find a job. If you still want to enter pharm or any program, the useful masters degree would be good enough for any program such as MD, DO, DDS or anything you want. I think these programs are a scam and shouldn't be allowed.

Now I'm not sure about public health but there are healthcare management, biomedical engineering and other masters. Research your local university and find out the tuition and google the job market for those specific careers.

Hello!!!!! Has anyone heard from admissions yet?

Nope =/ I emailed and took a week before I got a response. They're waiting for the interviews to be finalized in June and then they'll start using the list

It's bad news that you haven't heard from them to this date. If they accept you, they have to do it with anticipation due to the amount of paperwork they ask you to do. Hope you have better luck next year guys. Just apply early so you can have more chances.

Hey [HIGH potential] incoming LECOM students! This is a post for a friend:

I have a 1bed/1bath available NOW for $500 monthly rent (utilities not included yet). Need to rent this out ASAP!!!
-3 bedroom house shared by one dental student and one medical student of LECOM. Both are MALES. so MALES ONLY.
-House is in a quiet gated community
-8 minute car ride from LECOM med school
-unfurnished

-Message ME if interested!!!!!