Program-Specific Info / Q's Le Moyne College OT 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am taking the MAT next week. I only have a week to study, so I am extremely nervous. I'm happy it's not as bad as the GRE. Standardized tests freak me out!

Members don't see this ad.

i took the GRE only so I believe they accept it
Sorry, I think someone might have already asked this - but do they accept GRE scores instead of GMAT? Also, does anyone know what the difference is if the school isn't fully accredited yet?
Sorry, I think someone might have already asked this - but do they accept GRE scores instead of GMAT? Also, does anyone know what the difference is if the school isn't fully accredited yet?

For those that are attending, feel free to join the Le Moyne OT Class of 2018 facebook page!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!! My name is Molly and I'm a student in the LMC OT program currently! It's really exciting that you are all getting your acceptances. I've skimmed through the comments/posts so far and it seems like my classmate has answered a bunch of Q's but if you have anything else you want to ask please feel free to reach out to me personally (thru SDN) or my email is: [email protected] I'm from cuse originally so have a good amount of knowledge about the area and alllll that good stuff! Also, I'm the VP of our Student Organization and we are working on creating a document of any housing recommendations and places to go exploring (we've established some student discounts at nearby businesses). So once we have the created we will figure out the best way to share that with you!

For now I do have one housing recommendation for anyone who might need it. Over the summer we were located on LMC's campus but have since been relocated in downtown Cuse in a newly renovated building just for our program! The cadaver lab is up on campus so I'm not sure if you guys will be there for all classes or just lab, BUT in terms of deciding what area you want to live in, there are many options. The area near SU is perfectly in the middle of our DT building and LMC's campus and housing is usually readily available there. There are plenty more students in that area and it definitely has more of a college vibe whereas off-campus apartments near the LMC campus have more of a residential feel. Anyways, I will put together a big post about that soon, but in the meantime::: My friend manages Campus Prime Housing, it's a house on SU hill that is currently being fully renovated and will be available late May/June 1st. There are currently 4 bedrooms available in 2 different 5-bedroom apartments (2 bedrooms avail in each unit).

Here is the link to the site: http://www.livecampusprime.com/
My friends name is Jack and he's super helpful and will answer any questions you many have about the property. You can also fill out a rental app online and email it to him. Also feel free to let him know I sent you :)

Also: LMC doesn't have a huge network for off-campus housing since there are not too many grad students and undergrads have to live on campus for most of their time there. However, SU has a nice off-campus housing site that is available here: https://www.orangehousing.com/

You guys definitely have a lot more to time to prepare for your move here compared to some of my classmates last year who were accepted on 5/15 and had limited time to find a place :-X lol anyways as I mentioned there are plenty of different areas that you can choose to live in here in Cuse, it sort of just depends what kind of atmosphere you're looking for, price, proximity to school and all that jazz!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi! To the user above me who got an interview and didn't take the GMATs, is it worth applying without it?

Hi! I dont know I feel anyone is gonna get this message but I have applied to Le Moyne for OT and am still waiting to hear back...I haven't heard much from them lately. I have a 3.5 gpa and got a 417 on my MAT. Any help of info would be so much appreciated!

Hi! I dont know I feel anyone is gonna get this message but I have applied to Le Moyne for OT and am still waiting to hear back...I haven't heard much from them lately. I have a 3.5 gpa and got a 417 on my MAT. Any help of info would be so much appreciated!

When did you apply? You can directly message me, and I will try to do what I can to get some information for you.

Hey guys! I am from Maryland right outside of Washington, D.C., I went to University of South Carolina, majored in Biology, graduated with a 3.7, and got a great score on the Dental Admission Test. I was pre-dental all of undergrad and while I was applying to dental schools, I worked as a dental assistant. Long story short, I obviously realized I did not want to be a dentist. So by the time I figured out that Occupational Therapy was my passion, I had a limited time to get OT observation hours, take the GRE, finish pre-reqs for OT school that I did not need for dental school, get recommendation letters, and submit my applications to OTCAS. I ended up working in a PT clinic as a tech while I was getting all of this done. I think I had about 5-10 hours total of actually shadowing an OT, however, I had worked with children with autism using ABA for years, I worked as a tutor for people at a community college with disabilities ranging from mild ADHD to a student that had mitochondrial myopathy. She was deaf (but had cochlear implants), low vision, complete loss of function in her lower extremities (paraplegia), and limited upper extremity function. I was involved in a lot of volunteer and other extracurricular activities in college, and I was awarded a summer research fellowship in a Biochemistry lab at NIH the summer after my sophomore year. I got a pretty good grade on the GRE, and I was told that my personal statement was unique and well written.

I applied to Towson, Howard, Temple, NYU, LIU, and Le Moyne, just barely meeting all of their deadlines. I don’t remember exactly which ones rejected me, but I do remember Towson told me that they didn’t even look at my application because I did not meet their required observation hours. I got an interview with Le Moyne, and honestly, I almost didn’t take it because it was my last choice.

I am so glad I ended up doing that interview. I am currently in my Spring semester of my first year at Le Moyne. It is truly the best thing that could have happened to me. I finally feel like I’m learning things that will help change the world. It is very non-traditional. My advisor and a favorite teacher is a DPT, another favorite teacher is an anatomist at Upstate Hospital. There is a focus on neuroscience and mental health, and a push to make our place in primary health care. We go out in the community and work with various populations for fieldwork during the first semester. Most other programs just observe during their level 1 FW, but we got to do a lot more hands on work with ours which was fun. For the second and third semester, you'll get two FW rotations at different types of sites to expose you to all of the different types of setting OTs work in. The professors are really cool and they're always willing to go out of their way to make sure everyone succeeds. Lots of things to do around the city like the NY state fair, there's always bars, school activities, and you'll probably end up hanging out with your classmates/my classmates most of the time. Our director is great and she's written a lot of OT curriculums so she definitely has the experience. We were recently officially accredited, with flying colors.

I just wanted to let you guys know that if you get an interview at any school, you should see what the school is asking from you, what they see in you. Because I quickly learned that Le Moyne valued my various experiences, and I could be very honest about all the twists and turns that led me to OT. Other schools were quick to dismiss me because of my dental background but they actually saw a lot of significance in my unique experiences.

Can you all post your stats? I'm considering applying to Le Moyne as I go to undergrad in Syracuse already.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey guys , i had my virtual interview the other day. Should i send thank you emails ?! for the people that had a phone interview, did you send notes?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile[/

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys , i had my virtual interview the other day. Should i send thank you emails ?! for the people that had a phone interview, did you send notes?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile[/
I actually didn't send anything to say thank you but got a phone call a couple weeks ago saying I was accepted. It's a nice gesture but you don't absolutely have to!

I actually didn't send anything to say thank you but got a phone call a couple weeks ago saying I was accepted. It's a nice gesture but you don't absolutely have to!
thank you! congrats on the acceptance will you be attending??

Also how long after your interview did you hear back?

Can anyone post stats if they were accepted?

Hi all. My name is Molly and I just got my acceptance letter in the mail. I did not get a phone call or an email fyi. I did the online interview. I have not yet done my MAT's. I am not 100 percent I am going to accept but i am leaning towards yes. I am coming from NYC so it is a long trip. I am glad to see that there are options for dorming with fellow OT students!
My stats are overall GPA 3.2, pre-req GPA i think closer to 3.7/3.8. I still have to take medical lingo or something, i forget the name. I have over 300 hours of volunteer/observation. I was rejected from basically every where in NY lol. This is my second year applying. I was wait listed to Mercy and LIU. I wanted to go to LIU most of all for location. I am on the fence about quitting my job since I just started and i love it. I work as a research associate at Burke medical research institute. But my goal is to be an OT so i have to consider that. And hearing all the good things about the program i am leaning towards quitting!
I am concerned that it is so new to its accreditation and there are no stats about pass rate for the board exam that I can see. Does anyone know if a class has even gotten that far, i think the program is very new.

Did anyone send thank you emails? I feel like I should send them but I'm not sure if they will get to the right people because I didnt fully hear everyone's name in the interview!

Did anyone send thank you emails? I feel like I should send them but I'm not sure if they will get to the right people because I didnt fully hear everyone's name in the interview!
Hey, i actually didn't but i got phone call letting me know i was accepted. So i dont think it's crucial i could barely make out their names either!
For the poster above asking for stats:

Pre req GPA: 3.79
Undergrad GPA: 3.1
OTCAS gpa: 3.3
2000+hours as a rehab tech,
40 hours hospital volunteer, 160 hours activity aid volunteer
70 hours shadowing in 4 different settings
Hope this helps!

Hey, i actually didn't but i got phone call letting me know i was accepted. So i dont think it's crucial i could barely make out their names either!
For the poster above asking for stats:

Pre req GPA: 3.79
Undergrad GPA: 3.1
OTCAS gpa: 3.3
2000+hours as a rehab tech,
40 hours hospital volunteer, 160 hours activity aid volunteer
70 hours shadowing in 4 different settings
Hope this helps!

Thank you! If you don't mind me asking, when was your interview? I had mine last week still waiting to hear back!

Hey I was wondering how was the Le moyne interview? What was asked for the essay? Are you going to be attending there? Sorry for all the questions! lol

Hey I was wondering how was the Le moyne interview? What was asked for the essay? Are you going to be attending there? Sorry for all the questions! lol
My gpa about the sameand I got 146 q 148 v on my gre.
You should be fine for acceptance.
I didn't take my MAT and I was accepted.
I'm so excited!!

Last edited:
It says they only take the MAT. Does anyone have experience with just taking the GRE instead? I would rather not study for two tests if possible. How did you get them to allow you to just take the GRE?

It says they only take the MAT. Does anyone have experience with just taking the GRE instead? I would rather not study for two tests if possible. How did you get them to allow you to just take the GRE?

I do have to take the mat as well. If that is your firsts choice then take the MAT. I would advise you to take both especially if you are trying to get into grad school. There are many schools that accept it , most of the schools in PA do.

Hi all. My name is Molly and I just got my acceptance letter in the mail. I did not get a phone call or an email fyi. I did the online interview. I have not yet done my MAT's. I am not 100 percent I am going to accept but i am leaning towards yes. I am coming from NYC so it is a long trip. I am glad to see that there are options for dorming with fellow OT students!
My stats are overall GPA 3.2, pre-req GPA i think closer to 3.7/3.8. I still have to take medical lingo or something, i forget the name. I have over 300 hours of volunteer/observation. I was rejected from basically every where in NY lol. This is my second year applying. I was wait listed to Mercy and LIU. I wanted to go to LIU most of all for location. I am on the fence about quitting my job since I just started and i love it. I work as a research associate at Burke medical research institute. But my goal is to be an OT so i have to consider that. And hearing all the good things about the program i am leaning towards quitting!
I am concerned that it is so new to its accreditation and there are no stats about pass rate for the board exam that I can see. Does anyone know if a class has even gotten that far, i think the program is very new.
Hi Molly! I'm from Brooklyn and also got waitlisted to all the places around here- so competitive! Seems like we're in similar places. As of now I will be going to Le Moyne! Everyone seems to have great things to say and the faculty seems really helpful so far. :)

i am considering it yes. a lot ot consider though moving upstate have any of you found living arrangements yet?

i am considering it yes. a lot to consider though moving upstate have any of you found living arrangements yet?

Hello All, If you plan to attend Le Moyne College June 2017, please DM me! I want to start you all a FB page so you can connect!

i am considering it yes. a lot to consider though moving upstate have any of you found living arrangements yet?
I'm looking at orangehousing.com That has been a big help. Also Syracuseliving is offering great deals on housing.

I'm looking at orangehousing.com That has been a big help. Also Syracuseliving is offering great deals on housing.

Hey! I'm finishing up my first year in the le moyne OT program. We created a housing document with suggestions of where to live. You can send me a direct message and I will send you my Facebook link so we can connect with you all :)

I just got accepted into the program! If anyone needs a roommate or has any financial aid advice please contact me! super excited!

I just got a call saying I was accepted! I am so excited! Can someone add me to the Facebook group? I am from Syracuse so if anyone needs any housing recommendations I can gladly help!