LDS Dental Students Unite....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

J-Dub

Army Doc
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
IF you're LDS where are you going? I just wanted to get a feel for how many there are and where everyone is headed...

Members don't see this ad.

looky at my siggy! looks like we're classmates! where in seattle are you from? I grew up in Redmond since 1990.

As of today I'm headed to Tufts.

Utes

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hijack your thread and I know this isn't your purpose in posting, but:

Sometimes I think LDS students would do better to mix, mingle and associate with their friends of other faiths. A push for unity seems superfluous.

jaap said:
Sorry to hijack your thread and I know this isn't your purpose in posting, but:

Sometimes I think LDS students would do better to mix, mingle and associate with their friends of other faiths. A push for unity seems superfluous.

Agreed...it happens naturally as jaap said. There are loads of LDS guys/gals wherever you will go to school. That said, for a good initial idea (around 200-225 applicants) of who is going where, check the predent acceptances board at the Health Professions office at BYU. I hear there may be something similar at the U and UVSC... It will at least give you an idea if you really are interested.

Hey Catholics welcome too, but we limit it to that! :D
C'mon, it's something he is interested in. We share a common bond and he is seeking that out. I don't see a problem with it. It's like saying UVSC students come together or whatever.

J-Dub said:
IF you're LDS where are you going? I just wanted to get a feel for how many there are and where everyone is headed...

Dude, what does LDS stand for? Just messin with ya, I'm from the ruff and tumble streets of SLC. :laugh:

I think asking for where people of one common faith are going is a legitimate question. It's just a certain minority wanting to know where that certain minority is headed. I know my wife has asked me plenty of times if there's going to be students of her faith at the school where I'm going because she will feel a lot more comforted in the beginning to know that there's something she shares with others there right when she gets there. It's purpose is not to segregate, but a means to feel comfortable in the initial stages of an uncomfortable predicament in a place foreign to them and what they're used to.

kew said:
I think asking for where people of one common faith are going is a legitimate question. It's just a certain minority wanting to know where that certain minority is headed. I know my wife has asked me plenty of times if there's going to be students of her faith at the school where I'm going because she will feel a lot more comforted in the beginning to know that there's something she shares with others there right when she gets there. It's purpose is not to segregate, but a means to feel comfortable in the initial stages of an uncomfortable predicament in a place foreign to them and what they're used to.

wow, that sounded really good. thats what i meant to say ;)

kew said:

Well put! :thumbup: That is why my security blanket will be traveling with me. You know.......even with that little tattered corner damp from be sucked on. :laugh: