LDR, Different Countries??? Am I nuts?

SClENCE

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a second year student, and I have a friend at my university who is a fourth year student from Ukraine. In around January one of her friends came to visit the USA for 2 months through some kind of program at her university. From my understanding, it's virtually impossible for a Ukrainian girl to get a tourist visa here... but apparently this was something different, I honestly don't really understand it.

Anyways, this girl stayed in the USA with her friend for 2 months. She is studying to be a teacher in Ukraine. Long story short, I spent a SIGNIFICANT about of time with this girl over the course of these two months. I basically unofficially dated her, and we both fell pretty hard. She left to return home, and we were both pretty down and had the sad goodbye.

We had exchanged contact information, and long story short we have been talking on Skype daily ever since. For the last 5 months, talked EVERY DAMN DAY. I thought I could forget about this girl, but it's worse now than ever.

Her friend from my university has now graduated and left the state to start her new job. I'm living with my parents for the summer and working, and my girl is also on summer break in Ukraine with an essentially 0% chance at ever getting back into the USA.

HELP!!! This very well could be the girl of my dreams, and the feelings are mutual. She has cried over me, I've cried over her, I don't know what to do. She has invited me to visit her in her country, and I'd be more than willing to do it, but how would I explain this to my parents? I've never even mentioned this girl, what am I going to say? Even if I can meet her, and everything goes great, what then?

I just need to know two things:

1) Am I nuts?
2) If I'm not nuts, how do I talk about this with my parents?

I've been depressed over this for months. I thought I could get over it but I've fallen hard, it's bad. I'd get on a plane tomorrow to meet her but 99% chance that my parents call me nuts and say no way. Yes I'm an adult but my family is close and in my face...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: