Latest MCAT Date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MCATDateQuestion

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering when the latest date to take the MCAT would be in order to still apply in a timely manner for this cycle. I was hoping to take it on June 1st, which would mean the scores would be released on July 6th. Would this delay or hurt my application in any way?

I know that many schools send out secondaries early in July. Would not having an MCAT score until July affect my ability to send in my primary and receive secondaries?

Members don't see this ad.

They say May is best, but June is still acceptable. Assuming your score is good, you shouldn't have any issues with testing in June.

I was wondering when the latest date to take the MCAT would be in order to still apply in a timely manner for this cycle. I was hoping to take it on June 1st, which would mean the scores would be released on July 6th. Would this delay or hurt my application in any way?

I know that many schools send out secondaries early in July. Would not having an MCAT score until July affect my ability to send in my primary and receive secondaries?

June is acceptable. I would just pre-write all of your secondaries during the month you are waiting for your score. Then, you can submit asap. :)